Best launching technique

Emmo

Reaction score
Whats the best way to launch an a3 1.8t off the line to get the fastest acceleration?
I have tried holding it around 3k revs and launchin wit the esp on, but it seems to bog down slightly and revs drop when you let go of the clutch, but soon as the turbo kicks in it pulls nicely.
I tried my way and got a 0-60 of around 7 secs, the car has a chipped uk map and a cat back erhaust. Is this a realistic time?
Do you guys launch with the esp off or on.

at pod in my S3 i launch at 5500rpm with ESP off i try not to do this too much!
if yours is front wheel drive then keep it under 4500rpm or it'll just wheelspin.
bogging means not enough revs or tooslow inputting right foot down when releasing clutch!
hope that helps!

I launched at 6k at brunters but only did 14.6,what would launching in second be like? has anyone done it?
Avon raceway is meant to be empty on their RWYB so might go and try different methods.
Emmo get some practice mate,you'll get to know your limits as well

ive been too slow in putting on the gas when realeasing the clutch as you said sitrials. just being a bit careful with the clutch.
what point do you shift at do you let it go til just before the redline?
I'm using to revving to the redline as my last car was a civic vtec, and it used to pull all the way to the redline.
But the civic never had the torque from 2k as the audi does.

In the wet with ESP off i can spin the rear wheels. Usually i launch around 4k but you gotta watch out for kangerooing

ESP,ICE,A/C all have off before you even get on the line
the pod sunday GTI summer festival would be a good measure

i still want to go up against an S3 all i have raced so far was S4 (standard), and an 8P A3 2.0T superchip remap also.
they were pretty close, but iwant to go up against a remapped S3 will try a do another day again soon probly be at shakespear raceway little bit more quiet!