1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best injector cleaner for the 1.8t?

S3KO4 Nov 12, 2010

1. S3KO4

S3KO4 Member

I have heard of Millers, wynns redex etc. but which one has worked for you? as I think mine are not fully atomizing , dont know if that's the right term! thanks for your inputs.

2. Duktor

Duktor Member

This is all subjective m8 but i went for BG 44K | Power Enhancer News bought from kwik fit , I cant yet determine if it has done what it says on the tin , as i cant be bothered to strip my head for a swatch at the valves , but what i can say is that i changed the plugs during the treatment and they were bang on light tan colour , although gapped at near 10mm they didnt help performance , replaced with same standard plugs ill be pulling them very soon for a check on the colour , gapped at 7mm with loads of other fuel saving ideas ( check http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/a3-s3-...-fuel-consumption-after-mods.html#post1097700 ) so far all i can say is my car goes like stink now and it deffo didnt before at a guess going by the dash display i may be saving a cpl of mpg on a full tank .... My prob is deffo maximus heavy footitus its a total bugger ...

3. S3KO4

S3KO4 Member

Cheers Duktor, I have ordered Millers eco system for the tdi. but wanted something good for the S3. I have farily new plugs and ok coils but the car feels a bit numb:( . no codes I have changed the filter last year but I have run on very low petrol quite a lot of times. and very bad MPG in town about 18mpg...

4. Duktor

Duktor Member

tbh m8 its your own choice , I used the bg 44k on reccomedation , and as i said b4 cant yet post results , im basing my experiment on the thread link i posted , mine was charging me 23.6 mpg = 25p per mile last month with mixed driving so hoping for better figs at next fill up .................

5. Imteyaz

Imteyaz 6th Gear

I suffer from the same clinical condition ocassionaly - I drive like a granny all week, then something changes and I drive 'enthusiastically', the MPG goes out the window at that point.

Back on topic, I have never heard a bad word about Millers products. I suppose I should run some injector cleaner through at some point. At over 100K and no history of any injector cleaner being used I reckon it would be helpful.

6. Lemon S3

Lemon S3 Alex

Dude, I've got an injector diagnostic machine so if you want I can clean them properly for you and flow test them.

7. DJ_Troopa

DJ_Troopa K1 Driver

Wynns done the job on mine.

8. jay1601

jay1601 Well-Known Member

i use redex in mine, seems to work pretty well IMO

9. NoggyS3

NoggyS3 Member

FORTE FTW :icon_thumright: