Best idea for replacing radio amps?

Techen

Reaction score
So, I've resoldered my radio amps 3 times now and still get a screwed signal so am going to replace the amps.

Which one should I start with, Small or bigger unit?

Where do I buy them? I feel buying off ebay is just gonna end me up with another broken one, Why else would it be on ebay?

What do you mean re solder them? Re soldered what? What head unit have you got? What year is your car?

What do you mean re solder them? Re soldered what? What head unit have you got? What year is your car?

Says in my sig, Both amps are soldered onto the window. Somepeople said resoldering these points might help which it did not.

Have you checked the cables front to back, these have been known to become damaged or disconnected, on the SB for example there is a double fakra connector in the top rear right pillar, it can come unconnected, also changed cables front to back on some cars which resolved the issue.

havent got a ****** usb phone charger in the car have you ? recently has this problem and realised that 48 hours earlier i had bought a new phone charger for cig socket , took it out of car and perfect reception again

Reactions: NHN
Very good shout, that's another one to check as I noticed this with even a belkin unit.

Don't have anything in the cig lighter myself.

Will check the cables, Not very sure tough, There's isn't much in the way of cables in the boot. I checked the cables in the back of my CD unit and there all fine. Do I have to strip the car to bits to find them all? Cause if thats the case am just going to never use the radio again.

no you've already checked the amps , and nhn has give you the rest of the cable info , maybe you do just need a new amp unit

The problem I see was am seeing rust inside the boot lid, There's clear signs that the rear wiper has broken and allowed water to enter, I guess there's a slight chance that water went into the large radio amp unit and killed it, But I just don't want to go ahead and spend all this money on amps only to find out it was some stupid cable.