1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best glue for door handle

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by munchkincoupe, Jun 26, 2012.

1. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

My door handle cover is coming loose. Which glue is best to use to secure it with please?

Thanks

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Turkster

Turkster Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

has the clip broken off ? you can get the glues that come in a double suringe, they are normally good, but to be upfront, new handle covers are not that expensive from main dealers.

4. N11KDJ

N11KDJ Member

My door handle was loose and I searched on here and found a fix by sliding a credit card in behind the handle towards the back of the car which pushed a little metal clip back in place.

5. VagCabby

VagCabby Active Member

Mine fell off the day I bought the car. So I bought a new one from the seale
    rs for £15 ancans to paint it which consisted of colour and laqure for £15 so £30 in total which isn't too bad as long as your handy with DIY spraying as Audi wanted £40 just to spray the thing! I fitted this on with a little superglue on the back to be sure it won't fall off again.

6. munchkincoupe

munchkincoupe Member

Hasn't fallen off yet - will try the clip replacement tech first but if no joy then will glue it

Thanks

7. vr6gordy

vr6gordy Well-Known Member

stikaflex

8. amar06fbr

amar06fbr Vorsprung Durch Technik

stikaflex, thats what i used last time, was a pain in *** to take the handles off agen lol

9. vr6gordy

vr6gordy Well-Known Member

you need to put some scrathes on the to parts your bonding together with stikaflex so it has something to grip to ..that why it fell off agian

10. Benny_A4

Benny_A4 Member

If you go to a double glazing firm they use glue and activator. This stuff is the dogs mate once its gone off nothing on earth will remove it. If you PM your address i will send you some if you cant get any