Best fast road discs/ pads for stage 2+ S3?

Gaz-M

Reaction score
Ok ive just got my S3 back from getting the stage 2+ Revo map put on it and its an absolute weapon now.

Instantly it highlights i need better front brakes.

What do people use and recommend for fast road use with no noisy brake pads? remember its a stage 2+ car so 100bhp more than standard to slow down!

Im thinking standard Brembo discs with quality pads...

My car is for fast road use and was advised by AMD to get zero sixty discs and Mintex pads which I have now ready for stage 2+ next week and they are good . Slightly noisy though

Last edited:
Reactions: S3Alex
My car is for fast road use and was advised by AMD to get zero sixty discs and Mintex pads which I have now ready for stage 2+ next week and they are good . Slightly noisy though

I'd used DS2500s before switching to AP front discs,and ZeroSixty rears,with Mintex 1155 pads,and that was a real upgrade.

The DS2500s are a decent road pad,but useless on a trackday,and the Mintex 1155s just get better and better under load.

Those particular pads may be a bit aggressive for some,but they do work well.

Brembo discs and ds2500 pads on mine.
I'm happy with them so far but only fitted them Monday.

Brembo discs and ds2500 pads on mine.
I'm happy with them so far but only fitted them Monday.

To be fair to the DS2500s,they are fine for road use.....mine only gave up on a trackday,as prophesized by DaveB,the brake guru.

Cheers chaps, wheres best place to source? Whats price difference between ds2500 and Mintex 1155s? I know normally performance pads are best part of a few hundred quid.

I can get Brembo discs for £144 which seems an absolute fortune?

Cheers chaps, wheres best place to source? Whats price difference between ds2500 and Mintex 1155s? I know normally performance pads are best part of a few hundred quid.

I can get Brembo discs for £144 which seems an absolute fortune?

Is that per side or for the pair? I've had the S3 for 6 months and think the OEM brakes are pants, no bite at all. My 3.2 sport was much more convincing even though they are the same size. Maybe I've just got crap pads. Are the Brembos grooved or plain?

£144 a pair of standard Brembo discs!

For the record I've used DS2500 with OE discs on a 300bhp Focus ST-3 and a 300bhp Impreza WRX (with Brembo STI brakes all round) on about 4-5 track days each at Knockhill and also on the Focus for 12 laps of the Nurburgring and they performed excellently for me.

Good "dual-duty" pads in my opinion or maybe I just ain't drving fast/hard enough to kill them lol

Ive ordered DS2500 pads and will order Brembo discs shortly, cant find them online- just at Dingbro.

I bought my brembo discs online for £126 delivered.
I made a thread on it and the links inside

Cheers Marshy, found it but beed quick delivery so ordered them from Dingbro- trade price is £144 inc vat. Will have them and DS2500 pads tomorrow so can fit after work ready for a week-long road trip this weekend! :)