1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best exhaust for 2.0tfsi quattro

deian3387 Apr 25, 2012

1. deian3387

deian3387 Member

Anyone got past experiences with different exhausts? don't want anything to loud

thanks

2. spider74

spider74 Member

I went Milltek, i actually went for it when i fitter a De-cat pipe as the extra air flow made the stock exhaust really raspy and loud. The milltek was quieter and much more refined giving what id describe as a "high class" sporty sound as opposed to the "cherry bomb on a fiesta" sound the stock one gave with the Map and De-cat.

3. deian3387

deian3387 Member

Thanks for the reply... i was thinking about miltek to be honest, just wanted to see other peoples views. how did you get your MIL lilght off with a de-cat?

4. spider74

spider74 Member

It did throw the MIL light but did not cause limp mode or anything, I got the light mapped out By MRC when they did the stage 2. BTW removing the cat gave 20bhp more and 30nm plus added mpg! I have a spare decat if you need one. PM me for details.

5. northernlight

northernlight Member

Got a Milltek catback on mine. Bought the car with it already installed so i can't compare, but it sounds nice and beefy without being intrusive. I like the RS4 look as well....

[​IMG]

6. spider74

spider74 Member

Nice ass! Mine has the twin 100mm circular pipes, not as nice as the ovals but kept the standard look on the DTM. I'll try and post a pic

7. amar06fbr

amar06fbr Vorsprung Durch Technik

miltek!:icon_thumright:

8. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

Miltek all the way. They do a hi flow sports cat which throws up no errors. Nice sound,subtle when needed but good note to it.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

9. spider74

spider74 Member

For some reason I can't seem to reply to My PM's?

Pipe is a stainless steel decat/test pipe which replaces the factory cat. I had to remove it and fit a custom one as I fitted a K04 turbo from an S3 and the flange is different.

My car made 257bhp on the dyno with the factory cat and then 282 bhp with this pipe. I had MRC tuning map out the check engine light at the same time but even before the map the difference was massive, the factory cat is very restrictive.

£60? Seems reasonable. You'll need to buy gaskets..

Adam

heres the back of mine

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  10. deian3387

deian3387 Member

Did you get my pm?

11. mancdan

mancdan Active Member

Some nice backsides on these cars indeed.

12. razza1

razza1 Well-Known Member

My arse:)

[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2

13. solaris

solaris Member

I went down the Milltek route too after considering others such as APR/STASIS
    Initially I was running the stock cat and stock map and as you can imagine I didn't notice any performance gains however the exhaust note sounded deeper but not intrusive, internally you could not hear much difference. I then swapped out the std cat for a de-cat pipe running the stock map. The difference in performance was noticeable it wasn't a big difference but there was a definite increase felt in the torque department. The turbo seemed to be spooling slightly quicker and the throttle response was a bit sharper. The Milltek sounded louder, more meaty/raspy but still the cabin noise was not too intrusive but more noticeable inside.

Phantom_A4 likes this.
  14. ANDYTQ

ANDYTQ Well-Known Member

If you had the money to do a quality decat/high flow cat /downpipe (rai)or a miltek cat back,which is going to give the best gains/power.Already got revo st2 but detuned until i did something with the exhaust.