Best exhaust for 2.0tfsi quattro

deian3387

Reaction score
Anyone got past experiences with different exhausts? don't want anything to loud

thanks

I went Milltek, i actually went for it when i fitter a De-cat pipe as the extra air flow made the stock exhaust really raspy and loud. The milltek was quieter and much more refined giving what id describe as a "high class" sporty sound as opposed to the "cherry bomb on a fiesta" sound the stock one gave with the Map and De-cat.

Thanks for the reply... i was thinking about miltek to be honest, just wanted to see other peoples views. how did you get your MIL lilght off with a de-cat?

It did throw the MIL light but did not cause limp mode or anything, I got the light mapped out By MRC when they did the stage 2. BTW removing the cat gave 20bhp more and 30nm plus added mpg! I have a spare decat if you need one. PM me for details.

Got a Milltek catback on mine. Bought the car with it already installed so i can't compare, but it sounds nice and beefy without being intrusive. I like the RS4 look as well....

IMG00200-20111022-1200.jpg

Nice ***! Mine has the twin 100mm circular pipes, not as nice as the ovals but kept the standard look on the DTM. I'll try and post a pic

For some reason I can't seem to reply to My PM's?

Pipe is a stainless steel decat/test pipe which replaces the factory cat. I had to remove it and fit a custom one as I fitted a K04 turbo from an S3 and the flange is different.

My car made 257bhp on the dyno with the factory cat and then 282 bhp with this pipe. I had MRC tuning map out the check engine light at the same time but even before the map the difference was massive, the factory cat is very restrictive.

£60? Seems reasonable. You'll need to buy gaskets..

Adam

deian3387 said:
Hi mate, how mutch for the pipe? and what spec?
deian3387 said:

Thanks
Deian

heres the back of mine

6853742778_976c5b402e.jpg

Last edited:
I went down the Milltek route too after considering others such as APR/STASIS
Initially I was running the stock cat and stock map and as you can imagine I didn't notice any performance gains however the exhaust note sounded deeper but not intrusive, internally you could not hear much difference. I then swapped out the std cat for a de-cat pipe running the stock map. The difference in performance was noticeable it wasn't a big difference but there was a definite increase felt in the torque department. The turbo seemed to be spooling slightly quicker and the throttle response was a bit sharper. The Milltek sounded louder, more meaty/raspy but still the cabin noise was not too intrusive but more noticeable inside.

Reactions: Phantom_A4