1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best engine for convertable

polar Mar 9, 2010

1. polar

polar Member

Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing a new Cabriolet at the end of the year and was wondering what is the best engine.

I currently have an 3.0 A4 Cabriolet but I am looking for better MPG.

I want to stick with Automatic but I also want Quattro as the 3.0 was useless in the snow.

I will be looking for a B8 Chassis, may also look at the A5...

Any suggestions

2. pns2007

pns2007 Moonstone Grey VCDS Map User

Hi, I think you will find that Audi don't make a convertible in the B8 platform. The A5 replaced it.

3. Necroscope

Necroscope Member

Yup pns is right, but the A5 cab is a fantastic looking car IMO. Didnt the old shape A4 cab run along side the new B8 for a while?

4. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Lead boot

Originally I would have said petrol, just purely because you don't want to be driving with the roof down listening to the tractor engine in front of you all the time. But I drove a cabriolet not that long ago and realised whilst sitting at the lights, that it doesn't make blind bit of difference since all the other cars around you are diesels anyway; so it comes down to your requirements. Although I saw a 2.0T A5 which looked very nice with its twin exhausts.