1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best engine for convertable

Discussion in 'Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B8 Chassis)' started by polar, Mar 9, 2010.

1. polar

polar Member

Hi all,

I am looking at purchasing a new Cabriolet at the end of the year and was wondering what is the best engine.

I currently have an 3.0 A4 Cabriolet but I am looking for better MPG.

I want to stick with Automatic but I also want Quattro as the 3.0 was useless in the snow.

I will be looking for a B8 Chassis, may also look at the A5...

Any suggestions
  2. pns2007

pns2007 Member

Hi, I think you will find that Audi don't make a convertible in the B8 platform. The A5 replaced it.
  3. Necroscope

Necroscope Member

Yup pns is right, but the A5 cab is a fantastic looking car IMO. Didnt the old shape A4 cab run along side the new B8 for a while?
  4. Crazyfool

Crazyfool Lead boot

Originally I would have said petrol, just purely because you don't want to be driving with the roof down listening to the tractor engine in front of you all the time. But I drove a cabriolet not that long ago and realised whilst sitting at the lights, that it doesn't make blind bit of difference since all the other cars around you are diesels anyway; so it comes down to your requirements. Although I saw a 2.0T A5 which looked very nice with its twin exhausts.