Best detailing for new car

Karen O'

Reaction score
Im gonna be putting my new A3 in to get professionally detailed. I havnt the 1st clue about what to ask for or what the best thing to do is

Any help would be appreciated. The guy im putting it in to knows his stuff but i want to at least know something about what hes talking about so he doesnt try to sell me off with something i dont need.

I didnt have any paint protection put on it through audi and its glacier white

Reactions: ChivsBang
Im gonna be putting my new A3 in to get professionally detailed. I havnt the 1st clue about what to ask for or what the best thing to do is

Any help would be appreciated. The guy im putting it in to knows his stuff but i want to at least know something about what hes talking about so he doesnt try to sell me off with something i dont need.

I didnt have any paint protection put on it through audi and its glacier white

Just had a go at doing it myself today link- First proper detail sesh on new motor. link -

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=291133&share_fid=2376&share_type=t

Plenty of detailing experts on here Karen. I know it's a long process and worth the money as I've been most of the day doing mine and haven't done as much as a pro would do..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Karen, it all depends on what you want to spend and ultimately what requires doing.
If you have no correction ie no scratches, swirls or marring then it will just be a coating protection you'll be looking for.
Coatings come in a few forms like, waxes, sealants and ceramic or nano coatings and a few in between.
A wax detail will not be as expensive from ceramic or nano. A full detail including waxes will approximately £200-£300, a ceramic or nano seal within a full detail will be upwards of £500-£600.
However, the latter will last a lot longer than the first example.
If I were you I'd get a few quotes from well known detailers in your area.
Ask on here who people know close to you and go do some research.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
WARNING.....you will be starting on the slippery slope of endless detailing reviews and a weakening bank balance!!
Oh so very true! lol

Reactions: AlexA4Avant, Scottyg, SPIKE_ and 1 other person
Very slippery slope, I'm stocking up and a few things for my new car, easily spent £200+

Very slippery slope, I'm stocking up and a few things for my new car, easily spent £200+

Ha! I've been researching pressure washers! My previous A3 I used to take up the road for a wash at £5 a pop.. I thought it looked like New until I detailed my new one today! Under a close eye I bet it was horrific!

I just upgraded to a Nilfisk

Nilfisk D-PG 140.4-9 Xtra 140 Bar Dynamic pressure washer with Power Grip Amazon product

But I only paid £190 on Amazon so must be available somewhere else cheaper

Need to one take me to the next level of detailing

I have a nilfisk pressure washer too that i originally bought to keep my driveway clean but i get the feeling i will be using it more on the car than i will the driveway lol

I have a nilfisk pressure washer too that i originally bought to keep my driveway clean but i get the feeling i will be using it more on the car than i will the driveway lol

get a snow foam lance for it :)

I was thinking about it

it is really worth the investment, i'm much more confident cleaning my car knowing that it is nearly clean before i touch it

plus your neighbours will think you are mental!

Reactions: Pook
it is really worth the investment, i'm much more confident cleaning my car knowing that it is nearly clean before i touch it

plus your neighbours will think you are mental!
My neighbours already think im mental lol

Reactions: azibux1, Pook and ChivsBang
My neighbours already think im mental lol

trust me... when you are burying your car in foam and screaming "it's snowing!!" they'll put you in a new bracket

Reactions: azibux1, ChivsBang and Karen O'
trust me... when you are burying your car in foam and screaming "it's snowing!!" they'll put you in a new bracket
My first attempt at snow foaming :laugh::laugh::laugh:

220911b.jpg

More SF pic's here -
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/show-us-your-snow-foam-pics.227914/

Reactions: Pook, ChivsBang, AndyT306 and 1 other person
You don't need the foam your whole driveway!

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
I had my GW saloon pro detailed from new with Gtechniq Crystal serum light. It was a new car detail so paintwork was made immaculate first and then treated with the CSL. Wheels and glass all done too. It was a detailer in the NorthEast who is exceptional and a great guy. It was only £380 for the privilege too which I found very reasonable. Best money I've spent!

I have heard a few people mention the CLS on here and it seems like a good option. The guy up my way is fully booked right up till october and he gets really high end car in..... R8 lamborgini porche ect so if people like that r trusting him then i can too . Its just trying to get hold of him thats proving hard