best BOV

dave_tfsi

Reaction score
hello,
could anyone shed some light on which blow off valve is best. I understand i require a recirculating one due to the vag engine. I have a 2ltr tfsi in my A3
I would like one which is recirculating but if possible can still get the whoosh noise.
I have seen a lot of people going towards Forge. So which make and model do i require?
Anybody with pics or video clips with theirs on would be great.

Thanks David

Dave you need to do some more research on the TFSi DV mate.

The TFSi doesn't use what you might consider a normal DV, it uses an electronic solenoid.

OEM_DV_Old.jpg

If you just want the Ch@v noise then as far as I know Forge are the only suppliers, they call it a spacer and that pretty much exactly what it is. It fits between the turbo casing and the valve I pictured above and all it does is make the noise.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010102&product=FMFSITA

If you want something aftermarket to overcome the common problem of the splitting DV, like the one above is, then again Forge are really the only people in the frame.

http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=010102&product=FMFSITV

However something to be aware of is that VAG have just released a revised version of the OEM valve which is sub £30 and certainly worth a try.

20t_OEM_DV.jpg

cheers thanks. I dont want the ch@v noise lol, but since its my first turboed car i want something if that makes sense. I would never give Audi such a bad representation with being ch@v. I have had a look at both of those DVs and will check out the one that VAG are selling too. I just need to hear the diffence between all three now :salute:

cheers David

The ones I pictured above don't make a noise. You only get noise if you buy it in the form of the Forge Spacer, and that's all it does.

but either will be stronger then the original plastic one?

There is only one option to the plastic one - Forge FMFSITV

There is, as I said above, the revised VAG one which is considerably cheaper.