1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Bluetooth Option

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by circleswim, Jul 4, 2010.

1. circleswim

circleswim Lacks Car Funds...

I would like to fit a Bluetooth solution for my car, currently got a symphony II headunit & BOSE with no plans to change, dont have MF steering wheel, my phone is currently a iPhone 3G but getting an iPhone 4 shortly.

just interested into finding out what others in the same situation have done, i would like an OEM option ideally however it is a bit pricey, any other options out there?

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. HIGGINS

HIGGINS Member

Ive just copied the below off my progress thread off another forum:

Parrot mki9200 Fitted, Its fantastic. With the control on the steering wheel, I can play songs off my ipod which i leave in the glovebox and it charges etc so i never have to touch it. I can also ring people off the control as it is connected to my iphone via bluetooth and play songs off my phone. It takes sd cards and usb etc.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

Depends what you call pricey, but if you want oem fitment give me a shout as I can arrange this mate, where abouts are you based?

5. HIGGINS

HIGGINS Member

ive also made a few changes to it, to make it look more oem such as where it says parrot I dissolved the lacquer and sanded down to get rid of the parrot logo than re painted with the audi logo.

6. tux

tux Member

I have a Parrot 3200LS Colour in the Goof and can confirm it is superb. I think anything from the "fitted" Parrot range would be similar. Without a doubt the best and clearest hands free unit I have ever used bar none. Problem free in the two years it has been fitted too and with me covering 50,000 miles a year it gets some hammer.
    BTW, no, I don't work for Parrot! :lmfao:

7. VWAddict

VWAddict Member
    VCDS Map User

I had a Parrot with Audi MFSW interface fitted, and it was great while I had the Symphony 2+ head unit.

I only felt the need to upgrade when I retrofitted RNS-E navigation... because of the dialing from the head unit etc.

The Parrot was plug & play, the OEM needed much more work, but is excellent once fitted & finally working.

Plugging in the Parrot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Wiring up the OEM retrofit:
    [​IMG]

Keith

#6 VWAddict, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  8. tspar

tspar New Member

Well if you dont mind a visor bluetooth device then ive just bought a "Supertooth buddy". Daft name i know but it really is good. Paired with the IPhone in seconds. I know an OEM phone kit would be better but they are quite expensive. £50 is all it costs and at least you can move it to another car should you need to :cool:

9. smudge_don

smudge_don Active Member

Can't fault the RNS-E's bluetooth in anyway!! Works everytime!

10. NHN

I have a sonyericsson bluetooth kit for sale now as fitting oem into missus car if anyone's interested, HCB-300 kit, PM if interested.

11. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid
    Staff Member Moderator

What kind of price are you looking at for the OEM to go with RNS-E??? When someone says dear, how dear??? I currently have a Nokia but want the OEM really.

12. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets
    VCDS Map User

depends, i went oem by using my current phone prep and pluging in a rasp, rico has one for sale but if you dont have that youre looking up to 350 quid id say

13. Sarah's A3

Staff Member Moderator

Cheers Phil, may PM him.

Yeh the only thing mines missing is OEM phone prep!

14. PH1L

PH1L Gievf Buckets
    VCDS Map User

i dont know whats involved with retroing phone prep (in the armrest of course) wait for the guru to stop by :)

15. Sarah's A3

Staff Member Moderator

haa haa hes busy wiring as we speak! But yup will get his thoughts later.

16. NHN

Sarah if you want oem BT then give me a shout on the chatline girl. :)

Thats auto lights, rain sensor, light sensor, dimming rear view, sharkfin, rns-e, facelift console trim/buttons done & now doing ch/lh, brb, she better appreciate this I tell yer