Best Bluetooth Option

circleswim

Lacks Car Funds...
Reaction score
I would like to fit a Bluetooth solution for my car, currently got a symphony II headunit & BOSE with no plans to change, dont have MF steering wheel, my phone is currently a iPhone 3G but getting an iPhone 4 shortly.

just interested into finding out what others in the same situation have done, i would like an OEM option ideally however it is a bit pricey, any other options out there?

Ive just copied the below off my progress thread off another forum:

Parrot mki9200 Fitted, Its fantastic. With the control on the steering wheel, I can play songs off my ipod which i leave in the glovebox and it charges etc so i never have to touch it. I can also ring people off the control as it is connected to my iphone via bluetooth and play songs off my phone. It takes sd cards and usb etc.
P1020438.jpg

P1020440.jpg

P1020442.jpg

I would like to fit a Bluetooth solution for my car, currently got a symphony II headunit & BOSE with no plans to change, dont have MF steering wheel, my phone is currently a iPhone 3G but getting an iPhone 4 shortly.

just interested into finding out what others in the same situation have done, i would like an OEM option ideally however it is a bit pricey, any other options out there?

Depends what you call pricey, but if you want oem fitment give me a shout as I can arrange this mate, where abouts are you based?

ive also made a few changes to it, to make it look more oem such as where it says parrot I dissolved the lacquer and sanded down to get rid of the parrot logo than re painted with the audi logo.

I have a Parrot 3200LS Colour in the Goof and can confirm it is superb. I think anything from the "fitted" Parrot range would be similar. Without a doubt the best and clearest hands free unit I have ever used bar none. Problem free in the two years it has been fitted too and with me covering 50,000 miles a year it gets some hammer.
BTW, no, I don't work for Parrot! :lmfao:

I had a Parrot with Audi MFSW interface fitted, and it was great while I had the Symphony 2+ head unit.

I only felt the need to upgrade when I retrofitted RNS-E navigation... because of the dialing from the head unit etc.

The Parrot was plug & play, the OEM needed much more work, but is excellent once fitted & finally working.

Plugging in the Parrot:
Parrot-Bluetooth.jpg

IMG_7178.jpg

Wiring up the OEM retrofit:
Soldering1-1.jpg

Keith

Last edited:
Well if you dont mind a visor bluetooth device then ive just bought a "Supertooth buddy". Daft name i know but it really is good. Paired with the IPhone in seconds. I know an OEM phone kit would be better but they are quite expensive. £50 is all it costs and at least you can move it to another car should you need to :cool:

I have a sonyericsson bluetooth kit for sale now as fitting oem into missus car if anyone's interested, HCB-300 kit, PM if interested.

What kind of price are you looking at for the OEM to go with RNS-E??? When someone says dear, how dear??? I currently have a Nokia but want the OEM really.

depends, i went oem by using my current phone prep and pluging in a rasp, rico has one for sale but if you dont have that youre looking up to 350 quid id say

i dont know whats involved with retroing phone prep (in the armrest of course) wait for the guru to stop by :)

Sarah if you want oem BT then give me a shout on the chatline girl. :)

Thats auto lights, rain sensor, light sensor, dimming rear view, sharkfin, rns-e, facelift console trim/buttons done & now doing ch/lh, brb, she better appreciate this I tell yer