Best audio quality - which input?

I don't have any 'folders' showing on the MMI - below 'SD Card' level I have all the tracks listed... Should I have put each album in a different folder on the computer when I ripped the CDs?..

I have tech pack with HDD jukebox so I acknowledge that it could be different, but all I did was throw 100's of random tracks onto the hard disk and when I am playing a track, and have Song, Artist and Album displayed on my screen, when I click on Song I get a sorted list by song name, when I click on Artist I get a sorted list of folders by Artist, and when I click on Album I get a sorted list of folders by Album. So the MMI auto-sorts and creates folders for me, depending on the view I want. Is this functionality not available with SD card?

I used EAC (Easy Audio Copy) to rip cd in WAV and LAME to compress to MP3 320 Kbps...

felsby:2140095 said:
Lossless every day.

AAC/MP3s sound thin. And even the CD player, which in principle should be the best, sounds flat.

Seems like you have to blame the DAC, then.

Agreed. To be honest, given that you can load music on SD/HDD, connect devices via Bluetooth and have a wired connection to devices such as iPod, I'm not entirely sure of the point of a CD player...especially in a glove box.

Agreed. To be honest, given that you can load music on SD/HDD, connect devices via Bluetooth and have a wired connection to devices such as iPod, I'm not entirely sure of the point of a CD player...especially in a glove box.

For sticking dvd's in I reckon for when you're static anyway

What I want is a way of converting DTS audio CDs to DTS DVDs so I can play them in proper surround :)