Best Alloy Wheel Cleaner for titanium alloys

L19USK

Reaction score
Hi guys!
Just wondering what your thoughts are on the best wheel cleaner for the titanium rotar alloys on the a3 black edition. I got the car brand new recently and so far Ive been a bit hesitant about using any cleaner on the alloys. I bought the Meguirs Wheel Cleaner but I havent used it yet as I ve read a few indifferent reviews.
Any help would be appreciated.

I've recently switched to CarPro Iron X and been very impressed. Still early days so can't comment on long term usage but it does state that it's acid free and Ph balanced so less aggressive than wonder wheels that I have used in the past. That eventually made the speed line logo disappear from the rim of my Clio Trophy alloys ;o(

I've been using Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner and finishing them off with Autoglym Alloy Wheel Protector or HD Wax depending on how much time I have.

These BE alloys are so easy to keep on top of after spending ages looking after my previous M3 with polished 19s. They were a right pain in the hoop!!

sponge and water. great value too.

another one here for the soap and water, avoid any "wonder wheel" type cleaners they all eat away at the lacquer.
My method is:
-Remove wheels
-Power wash
-Juicy Foamed and soaked
-Shampoo and sponge
-Rinse
-Claybar
-rinse
-Wax
-Re fit
Grin
I am sad I know but my car has to be clean!!!!

another one here for the soap and water, avoid any "wonder wheel" type cleaners they all eat away at the lacquer.
My method is:
-Remove wheels
-Power wash
-Juicy Foamed and soaked
-Shampoo and sponge
-Rinse
-Claybar
-rinse
-Wax
-Re fit
Grin

Man...ur balls must ache.

Reactions: ilim
sponge and water. great value too.

Just got the rotor alloys, has to be sponge and water! They have to be the easiest alloys on the planet to clean as well haha forget the fancy stuff :icon_thumright:

My method is:
-Remove wheels
-Power wash
-Juicy Foamed and soaked
-Shampoo and sponge
-Rinse
-Claybar
-rinse
-Wax
-Re fit
Grin

You lost me at 'remove wheels' :think:

Hahaha :respekt:!!

Reactions: ilim
Just got the rotor alloys, has to be sponge and water! They have to be the easiest alloys on the planet to clean as well haha forget the fancy stuff :icon_thumright:

I don't even use soap half the time. Mega easy cleaning.

dont get me wrong, I've used all these s****y products like ironx. But tbf. I can't see a huge difference if any on the wheels? It says it
can be used on windows aswell, it was rubbish when I tried it. the paint work was OK with it.

im still trying to work out whether or not I like the smell and I've used 3/4 of the stuff...strange strange smell.

I put "s w a n k y" nothing that needed ******'ing haha! probably becuase it contains another word...

Virosol. It never dulled or damaged my 18" 9 spokes on my previous 2 S3's over a 10 year period.

Car Plan Wonder Wheels, you just brush it on and rinse off, works great on getting brake dust off! And it burns if you get it on your hands lol.

Decontaminate the wheels with tar remover and metal fallout remover. Protect with a sealant or wax, this makes cleaning a hell of a lot easier. Then just use car shampoo to clean them

Iron X is amazing stuff, way better than alloy wheel cleaners :)

My method is:
-Remove wheels
-Power wash
-Juicy Foamed and soaked
-Shampoo and sponge
-Rinse
-Claybar
-rinse
-Wax
-Re fit
Grin

hell yes ^^^wait... one more time HELL YES ^^^

I've recently switched to CarPro Iron X and been very impressed. Still early days so can't comment on long term usage but it does state that it's acid free and Ph balanced so less aggressive than wonder wheels that I have used in the past. That eventually made the speed line logo disappear from the rim of my Clio Trophy alloys ;o(

Wolfs Chemicals Decon Gel & Iron X are both "Carbon eaters". They only attack carbon.

They are "Acid free" until they react with the carbon to where they are no longer acid free (truth be told).

For a good wheel cleaner, any acid-free wheel cleaner or even mild dilution of apc will do the job! High pressure cleaner is a must.

Option B, seal the wheels with something like Nanolex or something instead and just the pressure cleaner, separate bucket and mitt and wash them with normal car wash.

icehanger,

you're worse than me!

but my car is at the shop for a smf and haldex service, oh and box rebuild lol.

so havent washed her in over 1 months, loving it! hahaha.. normally 1-2 times a week!

I use IronX aswell, great stuff just make sure you wash it all of as it dries on as a white film and doesn't look good, and cover your nose as it stinks!

Chris

I don't even use soap half the time. Mega easy cleaning.

dont get me wrong, I've used all these s****y products like ironx. But tbf. I can't see a huge difference if any on the wheels? It says it
can be used on windows aswell, it was rubbish when I tried it. the paint work was OK with it.

im still trying to work out whether or not I like the smell and I've used 3/4 of the stuff...strange strange smell.

IronX isn't a wheel cleaner, it's iron fall out remover, once you have cleaned your wheels you can use ironx to remove the odd tar and most iron fallout but its not a dedicated wheel cleaner, if you use use it all the time on your wheels your need a calliper refurb soon,

As fran says bilberry wheel cleaner is the best smells good to
Great product and very cheap also

I've been using Autoglym Custom Wheel Cleaner and finishing them off with Autoglym Alloy Wheel Protector or HD Wax depending on how much time I have.

These BE alloys are so easy to keep on top of after spending ages looking after my previous M3 with polished 19s. They were a right pain in the hoop!!

Iv always used this custom wheel cleaners does a great job with a detail brush plus its acid free

As its been mentioned before Car Pro Iron X is an excellent brake dust/iron fallout cleaner, however not necessarily to be used everytime unless you dont protect your alloys.

Use the Iron X every so often, however generally a high dilution rate of Valet Pro Bilberry is sufficient agitating with a suitable brush or if you have sealed them then you should find that the shampoo you use on the paintwork, a dedicated wheel mitt and water will be enough (subject to the milage that you do of course!)