1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bent Over for a SENSOR

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by LordNelson, Jan 20, 2010.

1. LordNelson

LordNelson Member

I feel like i have been seriously bent over now......
    MoT failed on my ABS light deciding to make an appearance during the test.

I had previously had a VCDS scan and the Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor came up with an "implausible signal" fault......so, after finding out the price, i decided to chance it. no luck!!!!

and now....Audi have just charged me £133 for a new one..... GUTTED!!!!!

has anyone else had this prob and managed to fix it without buying a new one?
    i tried unplugging and plugging back in but had no effect!!
  2. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator

you could swap the sensors over to see if the fault follows the faulty sensor. That will at least make you feel a bit better that its not wiring or a symptom of another fault.
  3. 666markyboy

666markyboy Active Member

Should have asked for a discount..... i rang Backburn Audi on Sat morning for a coolant temp sender as mine was the black type and has an intermitant fault.... after reading on here i knew they were around £22 for the newer Green OEM one.... i had £25 cash in my pocket so thought i would pick one up on the way home from work, however when i rang them i was quoted £33 with a new 'O' ring so i said i'll have to leave it as i don't have enough money on me..... to which the said hang on a min let me see what i can do.... "How does £20 sound ?? " so i now have a nice new OEM sender fitted
  4. LordNelson

LordNelson Member

they had to order it from the factory as it wasnt one they kept in stock.....so had to take full payment to order it.
    just glad i dont have to pay someone to fit it
  5. wibble111

wibble111 needs to scratch the itch

I have the same problem with mine intermittantly, cycle the ignition and it goes for a while, i nearly passed out when i found out how much the sensor is.
    Is your a facelift? If so where was the sensor positioned, behind glove box or under steering column?