benifits to blanking the egr ?

Neilb1

Reaction score
the car in question is a 2.6 vr tdi is blanking the egr beneficial or not ?

You can just unplug the hose from the EGR valve and that should do it or you can cut a piece of thin metal plate and fit it instead of the gasket so it blocks the path from the manifold...

I can't say about the 2.5 but my 1.9tdi (130) responded extremely well to removing the EGR. I used an Allard delete kit. The car was so much smoother and seemed to pull a lot better, although the EGR was pretty well clogged once I got it off.

I installed the restricted EGR gasket on mine. It has a smaller hole that allows some flow to occur and enough of it to not trigger the engine warning light on my 2004....... Which I got when I disconnected it before, but this issue does not occur on the earlier A4s

mine is a 03 2.5 v6 tdi would it set the light of on that

I have a 03 2.5tdi, engine code AKE, and the EGR is completely blanked off, and has been for about 12 months. It hasn't brought the EML light on.

cheers fella why did you blank it of

Better throttle response, and the valve gets clogged up with black soot and gunge over time.

Engine runs better with clean air going into it, rather than recirculated exhaust gases.

anybody got a pic of the blanking of a egr ?, how many blanking plates do i need