1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beginner Vag-com user; few questions not found in stickies

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Squirrelofdoom, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Squirrelofdoom

Hi guys,

So I recently acquired a "Fully Registered / Activated" version of VAG-COM release 311.2-N. While going through Ross-tech's wiki trying to find out how to perform various tasks I noticed that my interface looks different / different options on the main screen etc, and VAG-COM rather than VCDS on the main page. Stuff like the ross-tech wiki shows SRI Removal on the front page, whereas mine shows Control Module Finder in that place and has Macro-Functions greyed out rather than Applications like the ross-tech site....

So my (stupid) question is; is there a different between VCDS and the VAG-COM that I have? I see on the ross-tech site there seems to be a way to upgrade from 311 release VAG-COM to a VCDS license? Have I understood this correctly? I think I can still do stuff like scan for codes, log data etc with my version; but stuff like calibrating the headlight leveling system I would need VCDS?

Apologies for the noob questions, am a proper beginner with this software!

Thanks guys,
    Aran

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi S3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

4. Squirrelofdoom

thanks

5. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

I copied it down there for you Aran. :) x

6. Squirrelofdoom

saw that, thanks Sandra. Am so used to posted my questions on the 8L forum that I completely forgot to post the question in the relevant forum lol

7. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

Hey its cool Aran. It was no hassle. :) x