1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

beeping from s3' boot area????

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by S3 NPD, Mar 8, 2010.

1. S3 NPD

S3 NPD New Member

[Mar 8, 2010]
    any idea's why i'm sometimes getting 4 short beeps from the boot area wen i start up my 2000 reg s3???? :crying:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 18, 2014]

3. Carpy25

Carpy25 Member

[Mar 8, 2010]
    Its the alarm battery back up telling you it low mine did it for a while then sorted its self out , if it doesn't you nee to fit a new siren as the battery is part of it i think you must be able to just replace the battery but second hand sirens are out there cheaper

Rob
  4. S3 NPD

S3 NPD New Member

[Mar 8, 2010]
    ahh...right well it hasn't done it for a few days so hope its sorted itself out too, if not will be new part needed. cheers for that!
  5. Splodge

Splodge New Member

[Mar 8, 2010]
    I replaced the batteries in my alarm siren over a year ago and have had no problems since. It's a relatively straight forward job involving cutting open the alarm casing and soldering the new batteries in place. Worth a try and much cheaper than buying a new siren. I followed this 'how to' guide from the tt forum. http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73315
  6. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

[Mar 9, 2010]
    Worth having a nosey perhaps too, if it's stopped beeping because it's got some juice back in it you're laughing; if it's stopped beeping because it's completely dead, the next thing they do is leak - which generally kills the siren...

Regards,

Rob.
  7. Forbzeeee

Forbzeeee Active Member

[Mar 9, 2010]
    i was told by Audi that it was a failed central locking pump. When I asked how much for a new pump they quoted £300!!!!!! No way was I paying that much. I put it on VAG Com and the fault code says potential leak. They apparently work using a vacuum and it could be a leak or just a hose has come loose. Good luck in finding out what yours is.
  8. FactionOne

FactionOne Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

[Mar 9, 2010]
    AFAIK that's a different problem entirely...

The code you had was "Central Locking Pump Run Time Too Long (Likely Leak)" - or words to that effect - and is the reason when you unlock the car it goes wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuw instead of wuuuw (come on, someone else find a better way to type the noise it makes! :p). If you're getting three beeps as well, as above the backup battery for the siren is low (either because it just is, or because it's somehow not being charged).