1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been offered some wheels

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by A3simon, Jan 12, 2007.

1. A3simon

A3simon Active Member

Ive been offered a set of new RS4s in the hyper silver finish with Toyo Proxes T1-R in a 235/35/19 for £710. They have an offset of ET45 and although i know they need to be higher the guy keeps saying they will fit without rubbing even with it lowered on the coilovers. What do you reckon go for them and pray they dont rub and if they do get them to have them machined to an ET50

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

Trust me 45's will defo rub. I was told the same... But for that money if they are mint go for it.

J.

4. A3simon

A3simon Active Member

thats the price for them brand new fitted an balanced

5. Wolfsburger

Wolfsburger Member

To be honest, I think your car looks pretty good as it is.........

6. marriedblonde

marriedblonde Moderator

God they have come down in price. I think I paid £360 for mine without tyres at the start of 2006.

J.

7. Millduu

Millduu Member

I've just dropped mine 50mm on H & R's with my modified 19" RS4's and there's no catching at all.If you buy them and live nr Yorkshire drop me a line and I could get the guy who did mine to do yours.I spoke to him the other day and I thought he had taken 3mm off mine but he took 4mm.This is as far as he could safely go leaving about 6mm from the face to the start of the stud taper.Therefore giving them and offset of 49mm.
    But as I say they fit spot on now.I think the toyo's are quite a square sidewall so with 235's you may get rubbing but for that price they're cheap enough to play about with anyway.