Been Offered an Aqua mist WMI kit... worth a go?

S3 Paul

Reaction score
As said realy,
Its a few years old but has had very little use,
Basicaly i asked a lad i know about WMI and he said "ive got a second kit same as mine "
It works off a boost preasure switch? Do they all?
Im guessing this time of year its not realy needed?
Am i right in thinking that the car will need mapping to use it?The reason ive stayed away from it is... i was told there are no gains to using just water and if the methmix runs out the car is likely to get damaged?
I know alot of this will have been covered within another thread but most i looked for just explained the problems some kits have had.

If you don't want to use it mate I'm looking for one lol.
I think you do need to constantly use meth tho.

You don't need to constantly use meth..

I fitted mine last week just with deionised water which works fine.as its using a boost pressure switch,you can set when level of psi the water/meth is injected.just make sure the checkvalve is in good nick and the pump to. May be worth getting some new nylon hose too instead of using the one with the kit. If you do run meth,only use 50% and 50% water as meth is corrosive and flammable with a invisible flame!

Let me know I'd you need any help :D

depends how it's mapped, and how far it's pushed.

I have meth on mine, and it's mainly there for the added cooling. If I turn it off, nobody dies, and all is fine.

on SOME setups, the meth is critical to the amount of timing they're pushing, but that's not the sort of tune you'd be wanting. Ignition timing can be linked to IAT, so that the ECU will back out the timing on it's own if you turn the meth off.

Some systems also have a programmable output which you can use to trigger a function when fluid gets low, like switching back to actuator pressure or similar.

I had these on my mk4 golf anny and my evo and they are good but take a little setting up if its a 1s kit but how would this work with a standerd s3 intercooler set up as ive not had much time to play with the s3 yet

My car has a FMIC and all the usual toys all bar bigger injectors and a B5 tip,
The use of WMI allows more timing? no more fuel is added? or is it?

This kit only came up as i had asked about a boost preasure switch he had to allow me to run an intercooler wetter/cooler that i could just turn on and let the sensor decide when i was hitting high enough boost to use it.

Winter is here and... dark nights mean i have more thinking time than spanner time...
Something must be done !