1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Been busy today...

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by 5teve L, Jun 19, 2010.

1. 5teve L

5teve L Member

[Jun 19, 2010]
    Was over a mates changing the turbo on his B4 RSK (what a wanky job that was :crying:) & got stressed sticking the intercooler back on so left it & thought I'd change the springs & shocks on my car as I knew the rear shocks had gone......... turns out they were worse than I thought, one shock wouldn't fully extend back out & the other was very soft !
    Once I got them off it was time to sort the springs, I'd bought some Apex ones last week, pleased to say the drop on the rear is nice, just right, no 4x4 stylee & not to close to the arches. Went to take off the rear springs & they had both snapped, one on the bottom coil & the other near the top, that one was nowhere to be seen so god knows how long it had been like it !!
    Any way did that & bled the brakes, master cylinder & slave as well (fluid was black), just got the front springs to fit once i get a bit of spare cash to get some new shocks (prob next week if I don't tell the wife :w00t:).
    On a side note any body know what the little sensor with the drop link style fitting is as I broke it when removing the rear passenger side spring, just didn't see it :(
    Will get some piccys up later on.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jun 19, 2010]
    The sensor is for the self leveling on the HIDs mate.

Weel done, sounds like a good days work, unlike me welding a rusty 1996 Punto as a favour for my little sister
  4. 5teve L

5teve L Member

[Jun 19, 2010]
    I feel for you mate, the last car I welded was the wifes old GT Turbo & that thing had me swearing I tell you !

RE the sensor, so there is one on the front & one on the rear then ??
  5. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Jun 19, 2010]
    yep 2 sensors, i am not sure what the effect of having one disconnected is