1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

becker or jvc

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by mac1403, May 22, 2007.

1. mac1403

mac1403 Member

Hi all, originally posted in B5 forum, but thought I would move the thread over here to get some technical opinions I am looking for a new stereo for the car and am stuck between 2 at the mo. One is the Becker and the other is the JVC.....Becker sat nav, jvc dvd which one would you guys on here have? or maybe a different HU completely. Don't know if it makes any difference but I have a Bose set up at the moment

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Becker everytime. Doubt the JVC would even fit, looks too fat to be standard DIN size and looks very fiddly to control.
  3. dualmono21

dualmono21 Well-Known Member

from the two you suggested the becker unit would be my choice
    but personally i would go with nakamichi for sound quality (cd)and alpine for ease of use and any from of screen such as for navigation or dvd
  4. easytease

easytease cheesypeas

Becker, the jvc is all show and not a lot of go. Oh, and not a nak ;) they are far too delicate for my liking.
  5. Boydie

Boydie Guest

Becker for me - since i got my grand prix i have not looked back nor miss my old gimicky alpines i used to buy!

the telephone equipment is excellent and combined with my sound system the becker's sound quality is truely awesome!

i got my becker GP and ipod adaptor, facia and autoleads sub lead for £340 fitted
  6. mac1403

mac1403 Member

So generally the Becker seems the better choice. How would it fir in with the std Bose system though. Have heard some hu's cause crackling and popping etc. I guess I would also need a faceplate adapter and connector?
  7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Most Beckers are a straight swap as they use the same bizarre mini-ISO connector for the active system, but some need a slight mod to trigger the Bose amp. Should just need fascia adapter and antenna adapter.
  8. mac1403

mac1403 Member

So what does this slight mod involve. I am a total dunce when it comes to wiggly amps and anything I can't physically see move