becker or jvc

mac1403

Reaction score
Hi all, originally posted in B5 forum, but thought I would move the thread over here to get some technical opinions I am looking for a new stereo for the car and am stuck between 2 at the mo. One is the Becker and the other is the JVC.....Becker sat nav, jvc dvd which one would you guys on here have? or maybe a different HU completely. Don't know if it makes any difference but I have a Bose set up at the moment

becker.jpg

kd_adv38.jpg

Becker everytime. Doubt the JVC would even fit, looks too fat to be standard DIN size and looks very fiddly to control.

from the two you suggested the becker unit would be my choice
but personally i would go with nakamichi for sound quality (cd)and alpine for ease of use and any from of screen such as for navigation or dvd

Becker for me - since i got my grand prix i have not looked back nor miss my old gimicky alpines i used to buy!

the telephone equipment is excellent and combined with my sound system the becker's sound quality is truely awesome!

i got my becker GP and ipod adaptor, facia and autoleads sub lead for £340 fitted

So generally the Becker seems the better choice. How would it fir in with the std Bose system though. Have heard some hu's cause crackling and popping etc. I guess I would also need a faceplate adapter and connector?

Most Beckers are a straight swap as they use the same bizarre mini-ISO connector for the active system, but some need a slight mod to trigger the Bose amp. Should just need fascia adapter and antenna adapter.

So what does this slight mod involve. I am a total dunce when it comes to wiggly amps and anything I can't physically see move