Becker GP (7992)

IIIadidasboy

Reaction score
My new Becker HU has arrived via postie pat and after looking at the connectors + doing a little test I need to ask a question (or two! ) before I replace the standard "Concert" unit.

My 8L seems to have a permanent 12V supply on terminal 7 of socket A (it doesn't have a switched supply) - do I need to swap this to terminal 4 of the same socket......

......... if so, how do I get the ****** out?!! (is it something to do with the yellow tab? )

Thanks in advance.

Swapping it won't work, you need to double it up and feed both 7 & 4 with a permanent live. You'll have to switch the HU on/off manually. Later A3's don't have a switched supply and use the data bus (CANBUS) to tell the HU when the ignition is on/off. You can buy a CANBUS emulator but they're £50+, cheaper to wire in a switched feed or just use your finger.

Andy, once again thanks for your help - do you do this for a living?!! :anbet:

Any idea where I can get the crimp that sits inside the socket, or a good way of linking the two pins?

If there's nothing occupying that slot on the Audi plug, then you'll need to buy an ISO power socket and nick a pin out of that, they're £2.99 in Maplins (or Halfords sell them). To extract the pin you just need a paper clip and insert the 2 ends either side of the pin like this.
ISOpinextraction.jpg

Push them in until they feel snug and the pin should pull out.
Some ISO connectors do have a yellow locking bar, if so remove this before trying to remove or insert the new pin.

Last edited: