BBT 7+7/Tfsi turbine S3 Results from the weekend

badger5

www.badger5.co.uk
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.badger5.co.uk
We had a Customer S3 in Saturday for mapping his S3 with BBT K04 hybrid on.
It made some great numbers... 345bhp/303(352)lbft
733906_456667594451331_752721302_n.jpg

1425571_456667607784663_1392116561_n.jpg

Dans BBT k04 hybrid, relentless v3 (ported by owner), rods, wmi, 3" downpipe, 80mm TIP, 550cc injectors, Welly cooler. Very well presented car. Leak free ! :)

Lower plot is the lowest map 5 boost setting.. 5 x boost maps.. Anti Lag boost build launch, no lift shift etc..

Rapid S3 up in Chesterfield. Watch out..
:)

Reactions: Miguel_S#, Airs, AVLO and 5 others
That looks like that'll be a very lively car with loads of low down punch and still holds really well up top

Dan has really come up with a lovely turbo

Think it would be a perfect upgrade for the silver fox ;)

Reactions: Prawn
an interesting to me comparison of two different framed k04's on two different capacity engines, but close spec turbos internally...
the S3 of the weekend with dans BBT k04 hybrid next to my leon cupra tfsi k04.. (stage 2+ revo)
Stroker on the tfsi gets more torque earlier but thats stroker crank for you, but the 1.8t hybrid does a damned good job of matching the tfsi k04 pretty much everywhere else..

1.8t hybrid is working harder boost wise to match the power, but logged egt's vs tfsi's modelled egt's the 1.8t motor is some 80-100'c less temps despite the additional boost. WMI on both cars also.. 1.8t taking loads of ign advance where tfsi just dont.

pale blue is BBT hybrid on S3

1452502_457280811056676_822849856_n.jpg

1453423_457280854390005_1640879357_n.jpg

Reactions: burns3 and StaceyS3
Wow, that really is incredibly similar isn't it!

Love the way they both hold torque so flat!

Reactions: Vex182 and Goubo1
Ahh if only I didn't have the issues with my car on the day maybe I could have ended up with results similar ish to this I would have been very happy. OH well.
Great results anyway there Bill. Bet the customer was more than happy.

Ahh if only I didn't have the issues with my car on the day maybe I could have ended up with results similar ish to this I would have been very happy. OH well.
Great results anyway there Bill. Bet the customer was more than happy.

he's happy yes

So is this a new hybrid from bbt or his usual one and you sharing the results. I remember reading bbt saying he had something in the pipeline for a new k04 hybrid. how does it feel on the road compared to a descent stage 2 car bill. Great work and results. Daz

So is this a new hybrid from bbt or his usual one and you sharing the results. I remember reading bbt saying he had something in the pipeline for a new k04 hybrid. how does it feel on the road compared to a descent stage 2 car bill. Great work and results. Daz

you need to check with Dan on what this spec is..... he has done many different versions now..
This was to be best of my knowledge a 7+7 billet comp wheel with K04-064 turbine wheel, clearanced and 1bar actuator, ported hotside. Dan can correct me if I missed anything

You are correct Bill. It's the evolution of the original hybrids (rs6 turbine and 2283 compressor)
TfSI turbine is the same size as the rs6 but full back. Non clipped but clearance housing. 2283 sized wheel but 7+7 blades. I believe this is the key to no surge.

The only other one was the super hybrid which was the same but runs the k16 turbine, I've yet to see concrete data it's any better or worse than this version , but my main aim was always to produce a non surging hybrid.. This fits that requirement and will remain the hybrid available it's called the k418t.

I have other versions but until anything new develops these will be the main stay hybrid.

Keep it up Dan, all the testing of different specs seems to be paying off for you lately! Some seriously good results coming from all manner of BBT turbos now :)

Very nice indeed need mine to those standered a lol ****** copy hotside haha if it is that bill I'm coming down lol

No surge!! Nice work, That's got to be a good thing!!

Is the request for 22.5psi reduced at lower RPM or is it ASAP please Mr Turbo Now??

No surge!! Nice work, That's got to be a good thing!!

Is the request for 22.5psi reduced at lower RPM or is it ASAP please Mr Turbo Now??

Its doing as its being told to do...... and its not how you think or do yours

in my experience of doing many hybrids now, shove them too hard early on, you get a slug of torque yes, but loose sustained torque up the revs so compromises overall power.

This one took 22psi without a hint of surge.. Previous spec units could surge at 18psi and would only accept more boost after 4200rpm or more.

So you have changed the way you do the mapping now with it looks like great success, nice one!

My mapping has indeed evolved these past few years with decent software tools, live real time emulator and a lot more experience.

Cracking stuff Bill, Dan has been especially busy, Just seen a photo of his k418t on his website, it's a beast!!

7800rpm is my personal max for std valve train.
depending on if huffer has any guts up top to make use of it or not

That's alright then, I used to worry about mine as I think Niki limited it to 7,200 as of course no reason to go higher.

badger5:2005613 said:
Boost plot is shown on the dyno graphs Dave

Nearly a whole 1000rpm earlier than the traditional hybrid, bet it goes well, was a road test required?

Lovely results there bill! Could only wish that mine would respond so well one day!

Out of curiosity do you know whether the car was decatted or not and if it was a 3inch turbo back zorst.

I would love to speak to the owner,
I live up that way and would love to see how far off mine is

Dan can you confirm the cracking pressure of wastegate spring used in this hybrid please. 12 or 15psi.

Very good work...
The car must be fast.
Can You Tell the Egt

Bill did you by any chance made a run without the wmi? I run a similar spec car but not wmi and my car will be on Dyno soon.
How much should we set the drivetrain loss % to?

No I did'nt run without wmi.. power would have been significantly less without wmi and the timing window it provided

There is no fixed % for drivetrain losses.