BBS CH - What colour?

Sean_

Reaction score
Chaps,

Picked up a set of 18' BBS CH alloys yesterday which I plan to use as winter wheels. Just looking to see what colour would suit best. Picture of mine below along with the wheels.

I was thinking satin or gloss black along with some red BBS centre caps, what you guys think?

40f44fd64afe9fab98d1fdf78755482b.jpg

1a8151384f6c8b5bf01557cba04494fd.jpg

i love gloss and matt black alloy's but they are just not right on a black B7, just my view of course, maybe shadow chrome or graphite, gunmetal even but I would stick well away from black paint on a black car chap.

i love gloss and matt black alloy's but they are just not right on a black B7, just my view of course, maybe shadow chrome or graphite, gunmetal even but I would stick well away from black paint on a black car chap.

I know what you mean Rob, thing is I'm doing them myself not spending mad money to get someone to do them in a nice finished gunmetal or shadow chrome although it did cross my mind and it was a colour I was thinking. Would be a good bit of work in doing them myself would you think?

Just plasti dip them rattle cans not expensive then just peal off after winter come in a good range of colours but agree with rob black wheels look lost on a black car

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sean_
How brace are you if there only winter wheels how about candy apple red:tonguewink:

i did my winters copper, they going on a phantom black avant

How brace are you if there only winter wheels how about candy apple red:tonguewink:

I couldn't bring myself to do it hahah!

So I've made my mind up and after seeing @tony mc plasti-dipping his so I'm gonna follow suit and spray mine in dark anthracite and change the centre caps to dark red. Can't wait to get started!

Reactions: tony mc
dont be shy with it sean, get your self 4 tins of the colour you want an lash it on,
(do a couple of light coats first) no taping up just blast the tyre in as well, once dry peel it off the tyre and your done mate

dont be shy with it sean, get your self 4 tins of the colour you want an lash it on,
(do a couple of light coats first) no taping up just blast the tyre in as well, once dry peel it off the tyre and your done mate

Thanks for the advise Tony, should come in handy when I get around to doing it. Seen some vids about doing them while they're on the car, just put clear plastic bags in behind the alloys making sure all components are covered and off you go. Seem's fairly handy! Getting sick of looking at my wheels now, the kerbing on them is horrible so I want to hide them as best I can.

Can you spray a lacquer over the plasti dip to give it a more gloss effect rather matte?

you can buy plasti dip glossyfier that will go over the top coat to make them shine mate

Are you interested in selling the speedlines Sean?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

you can buy plasti dip glossyfier that will go over the top coat to make them shine mate

Deadly stuff, I'll look into that! I wonder would a normal Lacquer or glossyfier work?

Are you interested in selling the speedlines Sean?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Afraid not pal, love them too much to let them go. They are just off for the winter , going to get them refurbed in the new year, thank though

Reactions: Obnoxious Kids
sean mate, dont put normal,(cellulose) lacquer over the plastidip it will crack all over and look pants, the finish on the plastidip is like rubber so it'll move and flex cracking the lacquer, the glossyfier is also rubbery so its made for the job mate.

sean mate, dont put normal,(cellulose) lacquer over the plastidip it will crack all over and look pants, the finish on the plastidip is like rubber so it'll move and flex cracking the lacquer, the glossyfier is also rubbery so its made for the job mate.

Thanks for the advise Tony, I will stick with the Plast Dip Glossifier then just to be safe, hopefully going to pick up a few cans at the weekend. The wheels are in awful shape, would it cover up bad kerbing I wonder?

it'll cover any thing really mate, glass,chrome ect, ect, just depends how badly they are kerbed as you'll still see the dinks and scuffs, they'll just be under the dip