BBS CH replicas - anyone fitted these?!?

I've seen a set on a mk5 GTI and they looked very good quality, in fact very hard to tell from genuine.

Whoever did the moulds for the reps copied all the embossed logos on the front of the wheels and even had the cheek to put "made in germany" on the backs. As good as they look, it makes finding a genuine set even harder!

From the pics they look good, and cheap too.

However for an extra £180 I bagged some used genuine rims (Spin 140`s old ones)
Not mint of course but more than good enough to fit and run for a few months until you get around to a refurb.

Can N8 not source some nice pre loved OEMs?:hi:

Paul

I had the bbs ch replicas put on yesterday i believe there exactly the same as the ones your looking at. For the price the quality i thought was really good. I went for 18s and they just look smaller than the s-line 18s i had on, even with the same tyres. But hopefully lowering by 30mm will help that.

DSCI0005.jpg

it's cos of the dark colour. my OEM 18s look massive when they're clean and tiny when they're dirty

Also makes the tyres look like there off a monster truck. But abit lower it should look better. Thats the plan anyway.

Some OEM Audi ones? Yes I know of a set that will be for sale soon

Suppose the OP will have to decide on that one but my point is that its worth looking about at used OEMS.

I sold my OEMS pre facelift S3 rims for £300 in pretty good condition.

iirc Paddy and Sarah got themselves some used facelift S3s WITH rubber for around the same as reps + rubber.

Dont have an issue with reps is just that used OEMs can be had for the same money so defo worth thinking about.

cheers
Paul

I do, they are ***** and staying WELLLLL away from my car

I get the impression you have a lot of cash to spend on you car tho fella. Not all of us are so lucky!

I agree with you, but at the moment I have a fascination with R8 V10s. I think the fronts will fit, so if you get 4 fronts then they may work but you're only realistically looking at buying new then, cos OEMs don't come up often if at all and when they do you'll need 2 sets to get the 4 fronts you need

in other words good quality reps is your only realistic option

There are some slight differences like finish, font and angle of the spokes but to the "untrained" eye they look identical

Proud owner of genuine CH's lol

There are some slight differences like finish, font and angle of the spokes but to the "untrained" eye they look identical

Proud owner of genuine CH's lol

yeah i can tell too, and my eye is hardly "trained"... there's just something that doesn't look quite right about reps.