BBK Check

Real Thing

Reaction score
Anyone running a BBK may be interested in my recent experience on my MK6 R with a R8 8 Pot Set-up using a Vagbremtechnic Carrier kit that was fitted just over 3 years and 20,000 miles ago Car has never been Tracked and knowing the 1st Owner (Forum Member) like me the Car I believe has never been abused and always well cared for anyway coming to a stop between Traffic Lights on Sunday I came to a Stop from about 30mph (Quite a Sharp Brake as lights changed to Red on approach) Car Stopped but heard noise from NSF Wheel as well as a slight jolt after coming to a complete halt Then on moving off there was slight noise from front like something catching/rubbing which started to get worse so after about a mile I pulled into a layby whereas the car shuddered to a stop on Braking as something was wrong I got RAC out who on examination informed me Front Calliper had come detached after recovering Car and having Wheel and brake removed found the Carrier Bracket had failed and snapped in two places as many of you use these brackets I would advise you to check them on a regular bases as a high speed failure would be a lot more worrying than what happened to me

VAGBracket