BBC1's "My Family"

benw123

Reaction score
What an absolute shocking, irritating pile of rubbish. Timid acting performances and weak, predictable scripts serve up the most unfunny excuse for "comedy" I've ever seen. We should all receive a part refund on our TV licences because it exists.

The fact it gets prime time on BBC1 just makes it worse. The script writers, producers and director should be made to watch every episode of Only Fools And Horses as punishment, and then have someone stand in front of the TV at the end and say "this is real British comedy."

Ben,

That really is a rant !

I get the idea that you don't like it much. Personaly I don't actually mind it too much. I quite like this kind of pointless rubbish after a days work. Somehow just helps me unwind. It's a kind of programme you can watch with out really watching if you know what I mean.

I'm the same i actually quite like it - i'd never make a point of sitting in to watch it tho, only if its on when im flicking through

I prefered it when the quy who now features in the BT ads was in it. He was by far the best bit about it!

Shades said:
I prefered it when the quy who now features in the BT ads was in it. He was by far the best bit about it!

yeah 'Nick' made it so much more funnier

I gotta admit i like it, well the older ones anyway, i got the DVD's to the first and 2nd series but the recent ones are pretty boring.

Oh well. Misjudged the general mood on that one! Still think it's crap, but then again, it's banned in my household so I can't really be upset.

benw123 said:
Oh well. Misjudged the general mood on that one!

No you didn't. It is utterly wretched. How can actors of the quality of Zoe Wannamaker and Robert Lindsay be proud of that? It's the new Millenium equivalent of Terry & June.

jdp1962 said:
No you didn't. It is utterly wretched. How can actors of the quality of Zoe Wannamaker and Robert Lindsay be proud of that? It's the new Millenium equivalent of Terry & June.
Jeff, you're the best.

i did like it, when nick the son was there, he was funny.
I'll watch it if its on and nothing else is

Agreed wth Olly - If im flicking through the channels and find it on and there is nothing else to watch i will watch it and usually find it funny......but i would not specifically seek it out.
Its ok to fill a gap....funny but not great.

jdp1962 said:

And what's wrong with 'Terry & June'?

We love it here :)

And I NEEEEEED to put my stiff thing inside Daniella Denby-Ashe!!!!!!!