1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery well full of water.

SNAKESASS Jan 13, 2014

1. SNAKESASS

SNAKESASS TT 2.0 TFSI

Hi all,
    Had a Rare moment of sunshine today so decided to give my A4 a thorough clean and wax polish ( audi a4 2.0 TFSI turbo SE ). After 6 hours of hard labour I decided to check under the bonnet. Topped up the washer and was just checking the battery connections and noticed the well that the battery sits in was full of water , about 5 inches deep. I've never noticed this before so not sure how long it's been like this. I had to use a thin flexy tube to drain out , I then left some kitchen roll to absorb the last few millimeters. I've used a torch but can't find a drain plug , should water get in here in the first place ?. Is there a drain plug ? If so where is it ? . The bonnet was properly closed during the wash and I didn't use a pressure washer. Help please.

2. SNAKESASS

SNAKESASS TT 2.0 TFSI

Just found another thread with the fix. Sorry to waste your time folks.

3. Av4nt

Av4nt Well-Known Member Team V10 Team Sprint quattro s tronic saloon Audi S6

Can you link the fix you found mate so I can ahve a look. I have the same model and will check this tomorow. Thanks

And PS.... 6 hours cleaning... christ lol

4. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

5. SNAKESASS

SNAKESASS TT 2.0 TFSI

Saw the related thread at the bottom of this thread , just scroll down. By the way , my arms ache like a ***** today ... lol. Did a full t-cut and tried out the turtle wax ICE paste polish. Awsome finish , just need to see if it lasts. And it rained today , Bugger !.