1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery securing

madmike01uk Mar 13, 2013

1. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

My battery isn't secured properly, what should be securing my battery to the car? Anybody know what the part number is? I need to get this sorted.

Cheers

mike

2. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

It's a bolt with a bracket, part numbers here:

[​IMG]

3. quattrojames

quattrojames Moderator Staff Member Moderator Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

3 - 8E2 805 229 A

Beyond that, you need to take your battery out and see whats missing, it's probably just the bolt.

4. madmike01uk

madmike01uk Member

Cheers, I will take it out tomorrow and see whats what.

5. benjie

benjie Well-Known Member

If nothing is missing, you need to loosen the bolt, then straighten it up, so it looks like it's standing up/leaning back. You can tighten it up and if it's at the wrong angle/position by 2-3mm, it will not secure the battery.

6. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Had same problem, some non oem batterys are incorrectly sized and simply will not tighten down without a spacer between the clamp and lip on battery i used a 3mm long allen key and slid it between clamp and lip then clamped that down on to battery to get the extra i needed so clamp would engage! Doesnt move at all anymore!