Battery recomendations ?

Stringster

Missed gear
Reaction score
Was surprised to get a flat battery yesterday - I guess its time for a new one.
Fine the day before but now only holds charge for a few hours. Just enough charge left to start this morning (hope I get home this evening).
Always put Bosch silver in before - any other recommendations ? Stick with VAG ?

I went to my local parts shop and got a bigger sized one as the standard A4 one is tiny. There is so much room in there could get one 3 times bigger.

I didnt go mad just got one which was 30mm bigger and the same height and width. This meant the batter holding bracket had to be moved to next hole along.

There are about another 3 holes to spare to.

Just seen the extra space as I removed the old one. Looks pretty old, but topped it up and going to charge it overnight. Hopefully will hold for a couple of days till I get a new one.
Did you up the amps from the standard 60 ?

You're in Thanet right? Go to Ajay's Broadstairs and ask for a diesel A4 one if you've got extra stereo equipment etc to worry about. I wouldn't worry about spending loads for a Brand name, just get one with a 3 year gurantee and keep the reciept!

Needed to get it sorted so went to Autobase in Deal. They tested the old one, confirmed it as dead and then fitted a new one (Fiamm) with 3 year guarantee - all for under £50.
Starts first time again - hooray !

That's a good price, I always forget about Autobase, they're only down the road from me.