battery keeps draining

madmark

Reaction score
hi all i have a a3 1.9tdi x reg and the battery keeps going flat had car tested no drain on car when its turned off had aultinator checked all ok putting out charge had new battery fitted and its killed it again cant work out whats going on it seems when i lock the car the door locks seem very slow and if i push the lock button on the keys twice the door buttons move down more ? is this normal also the alarm has started going off for no reason is there any way to reset everything to do with the alarm or is there a way to shut it off totaly to test if this is whats draining the battery ? any1 with any idears thanks mark

It could be a dud battery, I've recently had issues of a repeated flat battery.

I only replaced the battery last year so didn't think it would be at fault, thought there could be a drain so took the car to an electrician to have the car checked out, was no drain on the battery, charged fine and battery seemed ok until the bloke put a load sensor on the battery which caused it to drop straight down to 3 volts when it should hold at least 9 apparently, the bloke asked me to try starting the car again and it was dead, died in a matter of seconds.

Id look into changing the battery first under warranty