Battery issues

gasfitter

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, from my first posts when Ive actually driven my S3 Ive loved it. Apart from a quick trek from Eastbourne to Baintree is essex 4 weeks ago to collect a boiler ive done about 25 miles in it since August :wtf:

Yea, I know, not much

Right, my battery keeps running out and leaving the car dead.

Ive got the Chorus2 sound system and standard alarm imobilizer.

How long should the battery last powering these items without it being driven.

Is it that the battery is pants or is it that im just not using it enough?

Also, thinking about battery's the Halfords ones seem expensive. Are they good or it it that there excessive markup on them for the conveience of a DIYer being able to purchase them and fit it 7 days a week etc. You know, the normal retail situation of supply and demand..........????

Could be a duff battery, the cold weather won't be helping neither. Audi's in general use a lot of electric, so unless you did 25miles on one stint, it wouldn't have charged the battery much to be honest.

If you need a new battery be careful with ECP they list the wrong one for the S3 and say there is only a a Bosch silver S3 battery avaliable that is not powerfull enough I`d recommend the Bosch Silver S5 think you have to search for the Audi 80 on ECP to get the right dimentional battery.

Get a Bosch S5 027. I recently got one from carparts4less for £65 delivered, using a £5 discount code.

I don't think anyone has actually answered your question on what's the longest the S3 can be parked up and still startup. From my experience, I would say about 1 month (from memory). The thing is batteries naturally discharge over time plus there is the usual stuff drawaing small amounts of power. Certainly it's not doing the battery any good or the alternator on these long periods of inactivity....or short trips !
one answer could be: a good battery charger.

The longest I left mine was 10 days and it was very happy to start after that, can't see being any less than 2 weeks from being a problem.

3 months with a brand spanking new battery, and it fired up!, needed a good charge though, so went for an extended blast to make sure.

Battery swapped over and she fires no probs.

Hopefully thats the end of it ;)

Reactions: jojo