1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery Fault? Help needed

ElliottB Aug 25, 2013

1. ElliottB

ElliottB Audi A3

Evening guys.

Just gone to start my car (audi a3 2.0 TDI) and it wouldnt start and was clicking loads, then it came up on the panel "battery level low" so i took battery cover off and looked at the indicator and that shows as clear so means i need a new battery but, it is also coming up with ESP fault see manual and power steering is heavy but is that because of the low battery?

Thanks

2. hades-

hades- Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

low batt will cause ESP fault after a short drive it will clear

reepers likes this.
  3. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

Jump the car and drive it also get your battery tested to rule out alternator

4. reepers

reepers Member

Grab a new battery from Eurocarparts or such, get a higher power batt than standard too. I replaced mine not long ago to a Bosch S5 - same symptoms as you.

5. ElliottB

ElliottB Audi A3

I am going to ring euro car parts up in the morning and see if they are open as i have to drive to work tuesday so fingers crossed i can go get one tomorrow

6. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

They have a offer on this weekend so click and collect might be the way to play.

7. ElliottB

ElliottB Audi A3

I saw that mate going to do click and collect in morning and hopefully they open! will ring first