Battery drain...

iwantthatone

Reaction score
Hello all, I've got a problem and wondered if anyone has info that could help me resolve it.
i have an 04 Avant and the other day the battery was flat and boot open a tad, so put a new battery on it for peace of mind and the alarm was going off and no key fob working to reset it so drove it to get a new fob battery and had to stop to close boot twice!!changed battery in key fob, but still not working so I locked it manually and left it over night to find that the battery was flat again and the boot open a tad.
Any help will be gratefully received

Check under the passenger carpet for water. Might be water in the footwell attacking the CCM and causing a fault to open the boot.

Just checked and yeah it is wet, what do I do now and how do I prevent it from doing it again?

Lift the carpet. Get it dry asap.
It'll be the seal on the filter box. There's plenty of threads about it. Get the ccm out and dry it.

Where are you based? If you get stuck, someone will help you out.

Water in passenger footwell is mainly cause by the plenum chamber where the battery sits getting filled with water as there are 2 drain holes that get blocked with gunk.

Check under your battery and brake servo for a pool if water. If you find it youl need to remove the 2 rubber gromits from the drain holes and let the water drain away. Don't replace the gromits just leave as is that's Audi's fix for it anyhow.

I found the easiest way to get the gromits out was from under the car with long reach pliers

All drained and lifted the carpet, sucked out around 10ltrs from passenger foot well and now have dehumidifier running to get the majority out!!
Hopefully ECU will be ok...
Thanks for your help:salute:

If you can get the ecu out, dry it out with a hair dryer.

Popped board out cleaned and dried it, charged battery fitted comfort control ecu back and fitted battery, going to check the volts in battery later, got a dehumidifier running to help with the wet carpet, but just wondered how I would know if the ECU is fried?
I have no remote keys or interior lights also no electric windows ( new ECU I reckon)
Based In essex

It does sound slightly knackered tbh. Before looking into Ecus check all the wiring ink that area. Look for any green dust or staining.

Will do mate, if I get another ecu do I have to buy keys or have programming done?

Just programming to make sure we'll your options are as they should. Keys can just be coded your self.

Ecu was brown inside, cleaned and dried it, but still no boot open,interior lights, elec windows and remote central locking so got an ECU for £75 all good apart from remote central locking! Tried re sync but not having it!
Thanks for your help, at least it's almost perfect.

Glad it's getting better. I ended up using vcds to sync my keys when I replaced mine. But you should be able to without.