1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery DC caused problems

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by slizza786, Sep 15, 2013.

1. slizza786

slizza786 Member

Today I disconnected my battery by removing the negative wire off the battery in order to remove the MAF. After reconnecting the negative wire back onto the battery, the ESP warning light on the dashboard has lit up and can't be removed by pressing the ESP off button and as I turn the electrics on in the car (before starting the engine) the dashboard beeps three times.

Does anyone know what iv done wrong?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

Drive it and it should go out unless you disconnected the maf while the ignition was on as this can cause this

4. slizza786

slizza786 Member

I wasn't able to remove the MAF it was too hard for me to unclip the sensor off the MAF so I'm taking it to the mechanics tmrw. The only thing I managed to do was dc the battery and remove the MAF clamp but that's about it so after not being able to remove the MAF I just reconnected the battery. The three beeping noises kind of worry me

5. Chillout

Chillout Active Member

Have you driven it ? Because it will happen when disconnect the battery and will clear in 40 yards

6. slizza786

slizza786 Member

I'm gonna drive it now Brb in 5mins

7. slizza786

slizza786 Member

Ty so much is fine now!