Battery bay cover?!

jxm96c

Reaction score
Website
www.drmong.plus.com
Hi, my girlfriend's 95 A4 1.8 Auto does not have a tray covering the battery bay etc, is that by design? My 2000 A4 1.8TSQ has a cover and I went to Audi they couldn't find the part number for the 95 model so was it never there in the early models?

Its Clifford Concept 100 is going funny recently, going off every few minutes so I suspect it's the wet weather and rain water soaking the electronics in the bay, where the actual buzzer sits, that's causing it.

See pic:

Bonnet.jpg

(Never mind the alien figures, there are even soft toys in the back!!!)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Jules

Battery covers weren't on the early models, my '97 2.8Q doesn't have one either. I think they brought them in in '99 as my wifes late 98 A3 just has the pizza bag whereas my mates late 99 has the proper plastic structure.

I do not have the cover... can we get one for our <99's?

neither do I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyone mind posting a picture of their engine bay with it showing?

Thanks for posting that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I was thinking of just a battery cover like some of the tacky ones on Ebay, but the whole piece across which the early ones dont have looks much tidier and neater.

Will have to look into fitting it sometime.

blimmin` Audi and there changes; theres a RS4 steering wheel on Ebay i'd love to have but the steering column changed so wouldnt fit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

It is suprising the early ones don't have that as water can just soak the entire bay... which is what I think is causing the alarm setting itself off when it's wet... a bit stupid really...