Basinstoke Audi - Have I just discovered a good Audi dealer....

marriedblonde

Reaction score
Booked my car into basingstoke Audi for it's DSG oil change this morning.

Now you would think this would just be a simple case of phoning up and dropping it off on the agreed day. Oh no Mb's work diary keeps changing so after speaking to the service department numerous times, swapping day from friday, to thurs then back again and then back again and again and finally back to today... Felt like a right numbty, I got the impression the girl on the reception desk thought I was stalking her.

So I get to the dealers 20 minutes before they are open, park up and go and wait by the door. Few minutes later chap drives in, parks up his demo and say be with you in a minute.

Opens up apologises for keeping me waiting (even though they aren't actually open yet...) seats me down and goes off to deactivate the rest of the alrams. Couldn't be more helpful or polite.

Asks when I want my car back, I had changed my mind from the booking and wanted it an hour earlier - no problem sir it will be ready!

Even got a call to say it was ready at the agreed time and the car was park out the front of the building ready and waiting for me when I airrived to collect it. Even the paper work was all ready waiting.

Now I know this is just good customer service and I am paying for it but I've come not to expect it now adays.

Very pleasantly surprised - Basingstoke Audi - very highly recommended!

J.

They are part of the same company who operate Audi Camberley whom I've found to be excellent to.

Although living near Basingstoke we always avoided buying and servicing the car by Martins Audi in Basingstoke (old Audi dealer) due to their attitude.

Yeah, they were pretty nice to me when I droppped off my car. Quick work, hovered my car and offered me a lift to and from my work.
Shame about the price but appart from that it was good

Although once i did call up for a quote on my car service but their system was down, they said they would call me back but never did. Wasnt too bothered though :p

That's the sort of excellent service I have come to expect from my dealer, Huntingdon Audi. It's nice to know there are some good dealers out there.

I've just had a thought. Shouldn't this thread be under Dealer Discussion!

see this is the kinda stuff that doesn't really apeal to me... what i'm more bothered about is them getting the job done properly, first time without causing more problems - thats worth much much more than a bit of polite chit chat and a cup of tea. Its easy to be polite, its not easy to do the job properly tho it seems.

steve184 said:
see this is the kinda stuff that doesn't really apeal to me... what i'm more bothered about is them getting the job done properly, first time without causing more problems - thats worth much much more than a bit of polite chit chat and a cup of tea. Its easy to be polite, its not easy to do the job properly tho it seems.

Everyone's different Steve, me personally when I am paying top dollar to have my car serviced I want to be treated well and have a quality job done.

J.

Ed said:
Yeah, they were pretty nice to me when I droppped off my car. Quick work, hovered my car and offered me a lift to and from my work.
Shame about the price but appart from that it was good

Prices wise they where the same as all my local dealers

J.

MrLapou said:
Although living near Basingstoke we always avoided buying and servicing the car by Martins Audi in Basingstoke (old Audi dealer) due to their attitude.

I tried to buy a car from Martin many moons ago... Didn;t bother in the end for the same reason