1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

basic help using vag-com wanted

Discussion in 'VCDS (formerly VAG-COM) forum' started by shufti, May 23, 2006.

1. shufti

shufti Member

[May 23, 2006]
    hi
    i'm new to vag-com and looking for a bit of start up advise....

how i understand it is you scan the car for faults (this i can do) you then clear the codes and carry out the repair, then you re scan to see if the code has come back?

is this the best way to use vag-com?

how do i clear the fault codes after scan?

would vag-com say if my maf filter was faulty?

i have vag-com version 303.1 with 7101 codes loaded
    thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. bearthebruce

bearthebruce Ross-Tech, LLC

[Jul 4, 2006]
    Actually, you should scan the car for faults, fix the problem, clear the codes, and then re-scan to see that the codes do not return and the problem is actually resolved.

If you are running a full version of VAG-COM, then you should have a button on the menu for clearing codes. Shareware versions may not permit clearing all codes and frankly, version 303.1 is nearly 3 years old and I cannot remember whether or not the shareware version permits clearing codes or not. You could look in the Ross-Tech revision history for information about that.

Current full versions permit clearing codes as shown on this web page: http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/tour/dtc_screen.html

Your last question was "would VAG-COM say if my maf filter was faulty/". Not it would not. It would give other indications that the maf was not performing as it should. You would have to determine the cause of the problem.

Bruce