1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Basic 12V Question

alexkoon Jan 28, 2005

1. alexkoon

alexkoon Member

I have a Parrot CK3000 bluetooth set which I want to install into an A2. I tried previously using the ISO connectors supplied but this doesn't work with the Symphony II. I also did it manually and ignorantly used what I thought was the 12V switched. This seem to do something to the Symphony II which trapped the CD mecahnism and rendered it faulty. Luckily had it replaced under warranty. I found out that the 12V swicthed was in fact a CAN BUS line.

My question is how do get 12V swicthed and perm? Can I use the fuse box and connect to an empty fuse slot? How about ground? I was going to use a small spade connector and 'plug' it into an empty fuse slot. I have to find out which was switched 12V and which was perm 12V and just shove the spade plug in.

Any help appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

2. richy

richy Member

yes you can do it the way you said but.. why would u want the bluetooth on all the time...

could cause a flat battery at some point and 24/7 drain aint good.

there should be a remote to the b'tooth box which then switches the power on to the box and activates the live (12v)

as the same with an amp....

i have no experiance with the model you have so it may differ.. but should have the same concept..

3. alexkoon

alexkoon Member

The bluetooth needs a swicthed and a perm. It uses the perm for memory of voice tags and uses the switched for operation.

4. imported_Watson

imported_Watson Guest

As far as I understand there isn't a switched supply on the Symph. II, so I would have thought you would have to take this from a switched supply in the fuse box. Without a switched supply the phone won't pair when starting the car etc.

Toby.