Bargain Ali roof bars for £70!!! New

Buxton2901

Reaction score
Guys I'm in desperate need for some roof bars as going away end of the month but need to keep as many pennies for the holiday so can't afford Thule or oem bars. Found these on eBay for 70 quid and they look excellent value for money. T bolts included etc. And aluminium.
Has anyone heard of these and if so any good.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161914062433

Where are you located? You can loan mine if you are anywhere near Scotch Corner/Ripon?

Reactions: ruairi83 and AudiLeon
Lol ZAFI! I borrowed yours last year.... And still haven't got around to buying any yet.
I really need to get a pair.

Reactions: AudiLeon
Spotted these a while ago and decided to try and hold out for some used thule ones.

However I just bought a set of these and should be delivered soon, I'll let you know what they're like!

Allroad bars definitely don't fit a normal Avant the rails are totally different.

Lol ZAFI! I borrowed yours last year.... And still haven't got around to buying any yet.
I really need to get a pair.

HaHa, so you did!

You looked after them, so no problem borrowing them again :)

Cheers ZAFI! But I have bit the bullet and ordered a set of these bragan aluminum bars so will see what they are like. I only need them a few times a year but would be nice to be able to stick the bikes up there on a random weekend and off we go into the country. Especially with the kids getting older, me and the Mrs can have some weekends cycling in the lakes maybe lol

Here's my feedback on them...

Seem very well made, fitting is very easy (just allen bolt clamps that tighten onto the roof rail), very sturdy once tightened on, lightweight, as you'd expect from an alloy bar.

Only issues were a high pitched whistling when there was no load on the roof at 50mph+, but I don't know if the Thule wing bars do this too or not. I soon switched off to the noise as it isn't overly loud. And they are too long to fit in the boot, unless you put a back seat down, tuck one end into the storage area on the right of the boot, and then you can put the seat back up.

Each bar has a lockable cap that goes over where you tighten the clamps with the allen key so they can't be removed once fitted. The allen key is built into one of the lockable caps on each bar so you don't need to take one with you to fit/remove them.

I took a large canoe over to the lake district on the roof and had no issues at all!
Very similar in design to the Thule wing bars, only difference I could see (when I spotted some in a car park) is the mounting point clamps on these are chunkier than the Thule ones.

Overall, pretty impressed and a complete bargain

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro