bare wires to phono plugs?

You can't plug speaker output into RCA input. If the parrot has a headphone or line out jack then use that otherwise you'll need to use a line out converter to take the speaker output back down to pre-amp output. This can cause noise and/or interference and not the preferred method. Headphone output would be far better and you can buy a stereo headphone jack to left & right RCA off the shelf.

thanks Andy I appreciate your help on this..... im really struggling to find info on it full stop.....

the parrot has two ways of fitment, either ISO or two line outs which consist of 4 loose wires 2x+ and 2x-(L+R).... without connectors

another forum member has suggested me integrating an amp into this, replacing the rear (crappy) amp with another then running all my speakers off that (sub aswell)....then i could enhance my system without changing the HU and connect the ISO to the HU inline with the amp feed..... this stil wouldnt allow me to control the sound through the HU as opposed to the parrot as the only way this could be possible is by an aux in which im at a loss at now you've mentioned the implications(the parrot doesnt sound that good and only has genres pop/rock etc to control the sound)...... but would give me bass/treble controls on the amp?

The question remains as to whether i would use the front speaker connector on the symphony or the rear amp feed to feed the new amp...would this work?

this leaves me in theory with a better sound and option to replace speakers at a later date to further enahnce it (although nowhere near as much as a new HU would)

If they are truly line outs, then you can easily use these. Just strip off the ends of an RCA cable and connect the signal wires to the +ve's and the screens to the -ve's.
This will give you the RCA input you need for the AUX in adapter then everything will run through the HU and voila you'll have your rears and sub back again.

ah okies, ive had another look at the wiring diagram http://www.parrot.com/documents/mki9200-_-user-guide-uk.pdf and it states that two line out jacks are there just incase you dont have an ISO, then it says in brackets (use an amplifier) ..... so your saying this connect2 device should do the trick when used with the line outs.....

im curious as to the amp option too now.....******.....i always start out wanting to make a simple change and end up getting the bug!! I checked the HU at the weekend and noticed that the line outs that feed the rears also have 2xfront line outs IF required.....so in theory could wire an amp from these and rewire my speakers to the amp using some thick car stereo cable i have from previous install (from a few years back)

Unless you're adding a sub then you'll get little benefit from amping the system. The tupperware sub in the boot is the only source of bass in the A3 (and I use the term bass quite incorrectly), so amping the cabin speakers will just drown out the sub and probably end up blowing the stock paper cone 20w cabin speakers.

okies, so if i buy this connect2 for now i could still upgrade to a full set up further down the line once im prepared to fork out for an amp/bin and speakers....... cheers Andy....

incidently at what cost could i acheive the above, new speakers, bin and amp (i had assumed in region of £500 for a cheap set up)