BANG! what was that?

ricko

Reaction score
right here we go, i was heading on to the motorway when i heard a clunk and something rattle down the underside of the car then it ground to a stop. it sounded like it was tryin to run on three cylinders so turned it ofs quick. anyway got it towed home and found oil coming off the front bumper on the drivers side. anybody got some ideas? i think it could be crank related. :sos:

i think its engine oil. have not tryed starting it again just in case the timings out or something, am going to have a proper look at the weekend by taking sump of and the like

Did your car cut out after you heard the noise and did the engine dash light come up? I think you'll need to take a look or get a garage to take a look to get a propper diagnosis of the problem.

i got no warning light on my dash at all. i lost all engine power but it was still running but very badly so turned it off to try and save the engine

I think one of your boostpipes popped of ;)

i was thinking it could be a boost pipe but like markyboy said what about the oil? and it had started to drip oil a couple of days before. what about the crank pully?