Banded steels

S321BAM

I lost the rod lottery
Reaction score
Hi all,

Had a nose on the search but couldn't find what I'am looking for.

Is there any one on here running banded steels on a s3? And have you got any pictures? Reasons for asking, I'm currently banding a set for mine and was just curious if any others have done it.

Cheers, Chris

What size you plan on running mate? Only person i think ive seen is an old member from america.

Hoping to run 17 x 9.5'S on rear and 8.5'S on the front, will find out later in the week once I've made an adapter up to mock it up

Where did you manage to find 17" steelies? Id quite like to run these for sumet different. Cant wait to see how they turn out.

Banded a set of 17" t5 sport wheels last year and thought they looked the buisness! so thought I'd treat myself! If you search mr b's bandies on facebook, theres a photo of them fresh from painting.

Not really sure if they'll suit the A3/S3 but worth a go. Those sizes will look mean :)

Finally got round to getting the banded steels on, haven't made my mind up yet on them!

Reactions: Stuart35205, liquids3, robloake and 1 other person
There 17's, 8.5" front 9" rear, wheels are ET56 with 20mm adaptors

Think im so used to seeing my alloys on the car and being an inch smaller going to take a while to get used to the dramatic change. recently found out the space savers are 18's so may band a set of them at some point, but sell for stupid money!

Reactions: m19lte
Not me mate, have banded a few steels for T4s in the Plymouth area

Iike them alot. How much would a set supplied like that cost?

Donor wheels, i got them bnib for £200 from ebay (can get them from tps for around £57 a wheel) + Banding, anything from £250 (I banded them myself) + Painting or powder coating ( I managed to get them coated for free) + Adaptors + T5 wheel bolts + Center caps and finally tyres.....when you add it all up its an expensive set of steels, If you weren't capable of doing anything yourself and paying for everything, your probably look around a £1000 for a set of steels!!!

Cheers guys, got used to seeing them on the car now, looks pretty mean from the rear ;-)

I think it looks mean, I just couldn't spend the amount of money it cost's to the typical buyer, so very jealous you can do it on the cheap!

Mate just had another good look, its so cool, im gonna copy your sh8t !

you should sell these, i want them.... others seem interested. again as above call me if they are for sale anytime great job.

I'll be at gti international if you want to see them in the flesh. As for selling them, I do band wheels for people in my spare time, so if you would like some more info PM me, but I am based in Plymouth.

dont know if anyones noticed, but the new vw beetle has an option of steel banded style alloys as an option.
As soon as i saw them i thought, that will be snapped up by the scene folk!

If youd like il try and get a pic, im about a mile from the dealership and the beetle is on the forcourt on a stand

Reactions: kwistof
If be interested in seeing that Karl...

heard about it also but not actually seen them on a new shape bug yet

Nice to see some thing different mate looks real smart.

dont know if anyones noticed, but the new vw beetle has an option of steel banded style alloys as an option.
As soon as i saw them i thought, that will be snapped up by the scene folk!

If youd like il try and get a pic, im about a mile from the dealership and the beetle is on the forcourt on a stand

I saw one today in black with the wheels your on about they were cream coloured , the new shape and that style looks real trick. Would be nice to see what they have in their show room.

Ok......that's pretty retro for a new shape beetle.

Just imagining in the top picture if it was lowered and I reckon that could look pretty cool (for a new beetle)