1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bam to amk swap

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Nsimy, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Nsimy

Nsimy New Member

Hi all, recently knackered my Bam engine and have managed to get my hands on a nice Amk engine from a mint cupra r. Just wondering if the Bam loom and ecu work ok with the Amk, i am aware they are almost the same engine but dont want to wreck my new engine with using a unsuitable ecu. Planning to go to stage 2 as soon as the swap is done but my local revo centre is 50mile away and dont want to take any chances. Thanks guys.

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

If using the bare engine there should be no issue at all... people are fiitting AGU engines into S3's with no agro so you will be fine

<tuffty/>

4. Nsimy

Nsimy New Member

Well its the complete unit and ancilleries basically drop old one out and put new one in, i will have the ecu also for the Amk unit but wasnt sure if the loom causes any trouble? Cheers!

5. <tuffty/>

<tuffty/> Badger 5 Edition...Its all about the flow...
    Staff Member Moderator Audi S3

you won't need the ECU... yours will work fine... you would need to recode the AMK ecu if you were to use it and its no advantage in using it on your setup...

<tuffty/>

6. Nsimy

Nsimy New Member

Cheers mate, thanks for the help.:salute:

7. ZAS

ZAS Member

Mmm, if you decide to sell the AMK ecu, let me know, I may be interested...

Having a problem getting mine to read properly on VAGCOM, so want to get it checked to see what the issue could be. Maccie just told me he couldn't communicate with the box, but that could be due to a number of reasons I guess.

8. Nsimy

Nsimy New Member

Yeah, no probs i"ll drop u pm when i am ready to sell, engine is being delivered nxt wk so shouldnt be long after that.