BAM Coilpack Loom

Can even use the one without Oil level sensor, if your'e only replacing coil pack part of the loom, try your local TPS if they serve Joe Public.

You can also try using the ASN parts request... OE parts at very very good prices...

<tuffty/>

Had a look and struggling to find a part number, I thought the stock coilpack loom goes all the way back to the ECU? Wouldn't this be a very expensive replacement option?

1J0971658M with oil level sensor
1J0971658L without sensor
these are for the 150/180 models, from what I remember there is not one available for the 210/225/240 they are of different design. Some people have used the loom without the sensor and spliced it in to the existing loom around where the CTS is located.When I did mine 180 AUQ I wnet back to the ECU, in all honesty bit of a P.I.T.A, there is some wires and plugs that also need joining in under the battery box. for the easiest option I wonder splice it in at the CTS if I were to do another one.

Okay thanks, will get this ordered and spliced in :)

My one is in terrible condition at the moment, cracks and joins everywhere! Hopefully this will improve performance a bit, getting a few flat spots through the rev range, might change all four coil-packs at the same time

Worth doing, made a massive difference on mine, smoother idle and lots less hesitation.

Apparently it's discontinued now, would it be okay to order the awesome gti (without oil level) loom and use that instead?

Apparently it's discontinued now, would it be okay to order the awesome gti (without oil level) loom and use that instead?
yes as you are only using the coil pack wring to splice into the existing loom anyway

<tuffty/>