1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bally-SB's Audi A3 Sportback Progress Thread

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Bally-SB, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Bally-SB

Bally-SB New Member

Hi everyone, it is about time I introduced myself. Names Bally Singh and I drive a Audi A3 1.9 Tdi Sportback. I've been on the forum for well over a year now so I thought I would now start my progress thread.

The first Audi I had was a 2006 Audi A3 2.0 Tdi 3 Door. Only main changes I did to it was I changed the alloys from the standard 16" ones to the 18" s line ones, made a difference. Also added ipod and usb control. Only had the car for a couple of months as I needed to change it for a car with more doors. Was a really nice clean car as I had bought it from VW.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways sold the car. So the A3 sportback was the choice as it would be the same as my old one. I decided to go for the facelift version as it came with the extra options.

So I found a 2008 Audi A3 Sport 1.9 Tdi in Silver. I liked the car so went ahead and bought it. Car came with quite a few extras such as:
    • RNS-E
    • Bi Xenon DRL Headlights
    • LED Backlights
    • Front and Back Parking Sensors
    • iPod and Aux Input
    • 17" Sport Alloys
    • Sport Seats
    So kept the car standard for a few months. First thing I did was I got the windows tinted and had the grille wrapped matte black. I then changed the alloys to the s line ones, didn't like the look for long so I then went and bought some Black Edition Rotors in 18's.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So the car was now looking good. I have a very strong passion for music so next was the audio. I decided to have a custom ported box made which didn't take up to much boot space. Subwoofer is a Kicker L7 8" powered by a JBL Monoblock Amplifier, all wired up to the standard Audi subwoofer. Just to add the kicker sounds really clean, really nice bass when on subtle settings.

[​IMG]

I then wanted a change again, so I started looking at alloys again. This time I went for 19's instead of 18's as the Black Edition Rotors don't really fill up the arches well. So I found a set of Audi Rotor Arm Hollow Spoke 19" Alloys. I traded my old set in and paid a bit more and got these. Really happy with these alloys as they seem perfect for the sportback. Fitment is good and they fill the arches nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me and my Cousins Audi.

[​IMG]

So I hadn't made any changes for a while, I had been looking for a S Line bumper for quite some time. Finally I found one and bought it. Had it resprayed and then fitted it on. I was really pleased with the outcome as it makes such a massive difference. Thanks to my Cousin for helping out, and also thanks to Ash for the info.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To the end result.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did also change the standard rear diffuser to the S Line one. Tinted the Back Lights using Lamin-X.

[​IMG]

So next on the list was a Multifunctional Steering Wheel as my old A3 had one but not this one. So I came across a Flat Bottom Steering Wheel and bought it. Went to go see Ash and he fitted it as well as enabling a few other things via Vagcom. Thanks to Ash I found out my car didn't have a alarm which is weird, anyways this gave me the opportunity to have a good one installed. So I went for the Clifford 300x1 Alarm as its a canbus alarm system which works directly with the cars canbus system, also it works off of the standard key fob. Really good alarm system and would recommend it, louder then the standard one to.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Really pleased with the end result, the Flat Bottom Steering Wheel makes such a difference. I did originally have fabric sports seats, I wanted Leathers so I got them and swapped them over. Also came with a Leather Armrest which I also fitted it.

Would like to again thank my Cousin for helping me out, Also a thank you to Ash for all the help. Very nice guy to meet and would highly recommend him as a installer.

Anyways that's it for now, I do have a few more thing planned though.

Thank You For Reading My Thread.

[​IMG]

#1 Bally-SB, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    MattKeating, Ash187 and Artimus like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Adam_A3_

Adam_A3_ Member

Nice thread bro car looks awesome youve really changed it with the new bumper. Any more plans?

Bally-SB likes this.
  4. andyam

andyam Active Member

Lovely car

Bally-SB likes this.
  5. Bally-SB

Bally-SB New Member

Thanks bro really appreciate it. Yeah I have a few things in mind such as lowering it, s line spoiler and probably a few more interior changes.

6. Bally-SB

Bally-SB New Member

Thanks mate

7. Ash187

Ash187 Audi-Retrofits.co.uk
    Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User Audi A5 quattro

Lower it! LOL
    Eibach Sportlines are calling for you

Bally-SB likes this.
  8. Bally-SB

Bally-SB New Member

Yeah I know Ash haha

9. manor13

manor13 Active Member

good shout on the laminx rear lights they look good

Bally-SB likes this.
  10. Bally-SB

Bally-SB New Member

Thanks mate. Looks meaner.

11. foxymk1

foxymk1 Active Member

12. Bally-SB

Bally-SB New Member

So Just an update on the A3. As I used to have a 2.0 TDI 140BHP and then I went to the 1.9TDI 105BHP I missed having that power. So I had the car remapped by AMD. Really happy with what the results are, now its on 148BHP and 257lb torque. Had the rolling road done too. In terms of power the car is much more responsive when the turbo kicks in and it pulls through all the gears really well.

[​IMG]

#11 Bally-SB, Apr 4, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
  13. Bally-SB

Bally-SB New Member

Update

Its been a while since I was last on here so check out the update. Thanks.

First of all managed to change the carpet colour to black and change the glove box aluminium trim to a new one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Makes such a difference with small things and was only like £5.

So after running the 19 Hollow Rotors I decided to sell them and by some s3 alloys. Really nice set of oem alloys in my option.

[​IMG]

After a few months I decided to change them to some wider wheels. Found some amg staggered wheels so I bought them. Suited the a3 quite a lot.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After only having the amg wheels for a week I found a really nice set of Audi BBS Speedlines in 19s. So ended up buying them as I got a good deal on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Was really pleased how they looked specially them being in the black edition anthracite colour. So finally after a long wait I got the car lowered on Eibach Sportline Springs. These springs are great specially if you don't want to compromise ride quality against coilovers. The drop on the springs are near perfect and give the car a much aggressive look.

When I picked it up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's all for now, thanks for looking.

Bally

14. shadow1993

shadow1993 Active Member

Looking really nice mate!!

Any info on how you wired up the sub via the stock woofer??
    Im looking to do the same and hundreds of people here would want it too.

Bally-SB likes this.
  15. manor13

manor13 Active Member

liking the lowered 19 look

Bally-SB likes this.
  16. Bally-SB

Bally-SB New Member

Hi mate thanks.

In regards to the sub. You can get the audio outputs from the stock sub in the boot. You just have to get both + & - feeds from it and then connect it to a high level to low level RCA converter so you can get the RCA cables from that to the aftermarket amplifier (link is below). Then in regards to the remote wire (the cable that turns the amplifier on and off via the ignition switch key) that is also in the same location, I'm not sure what colour it is now but it is all there. You just need to then run the 12volt cable to the cars battery and then connect it to the amplifier, ground connection can be made in the boot by just drilling a screw hole into the floor and screwing the ground cable in.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Leve...7?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3ca52ca53f

17. shadow1993

shadow1993 Active Member

Hi, thanks for that.

Makes sense...

you wouldnt happen to know the correct pins ?

18. Cmw9

Cmw9 Member

Do you notice my difference in ride quality between the 18's and 19's? Also definitely putting and additional sub in soon too. Should be fairly easy to run a wire to the battery to as i installed a boost gauge a couple of weeks back!