bah oil light on mk5 tdi

Reaction score
bah the wifes just told me the oil light has come on, thing is Ive never purchased any oil for it as shes only had it 6 months.

car is a golf mk 5 2.0 tdi

question is can i use anything i have or does it need special oil ?>???

think I have some mobil 1 left from ths S3 will this do ???? I know jack about diesels.

any help pls so I can sleep tonight and she doesn`t have to take the S3 to work tomorrow

cheesr.......... mousey

Have a look in the service book for the Golf, it should say oil to a spec of VW 503 01 or something similar.

The oil supplied with my new S3 is the same my dad got supplied for his Tdi A4 s line so i'd say yes!

says 507.00 or 506.01 for longlife

but how do I know if it has a particle filter because if it has it says 507.00 only

*** when did oil become so difficult

Just stick some in its your lasses car ha ha!

Like I said my dad got the same oil for his as mine, its probs only half a litre thats needed anyway if the orange warning light has come on so any can be used technically is its only a small amount.

petrol engine oil should be ok in a diesel in small amounts but diesel engine oil has loads of additives that will strip too much oil from the working parts of a petrol engine.

looking into this on various sites castrol edge 5w/30 is the oil of choice it seems the same oil is used foir petrol as for diesels ???

anyhow had some Fuchs 5w/30 in the garage so its got 1/2 a litre of that in it for now.