Badger5 TIP not fitting

H

HansfishS3

Hi all, just had a go at fitting the badger 5 v3 tip but it doesnt seem to sit right? Everything sits perfect apart from the connection to the standard airbox. The tip seems to be sitting at the wrong angle resulting in a kink at the airbox side..has anyone had this before?

Thanks, I have the OEM cone filter, might swap this instead of standard airbox then look at getting some form of heat shield to prevent heat soak

I have the ramair filter + heatshield, I had to trim about an inch off the silicone

Fitted the cone filter now...much better fit but still not perfect as I'd like. Car seems to spool quicker and feels a bit quicker :)

Eventually I will be getting another filter/intake...are there any which fit straight on that don't require cutting of the tip?

Fitted the cone filter now...much better fit but still not perfect as I'd like. Car seems to spool quicker and feels a bit quicker :)

Eventually I will be getting another filter/intake...are there any which fit straight on that don't require cutting of the tip?

If the tip isn't kinked its a perfect fit!

Not only do engines move while running but it may not be in the exact position it should be in depending on your engine mount type and age

any filter will got onto the maf

I've had a bit of trouble with mine recently, the tip seems to work itself off of the aluminium adaptor that fits on the turbo intake,
has anyone else experienced that ? I've tried de greasing it but not much better.

I was planning to get my mate to machine ridges in the outer face to give the hose something to grip on.

Has anyone else done something similar ?

I've had a bit of trouble with mine recently, the tip seems to work itself off of the aluminium adaptor that fits on the turbo intake,
has anyone else experienced that ? I've tried de greasing it but not much better.

I was planning to get my mate to machine ridges in the outer face to give the hose something to grip on.

Must have an early one then? latest versions don't do that...

<tuffty/>

Must have an early one then? latest versions don't do that...

<tuffty/>
Could well be tufty, it has a completely smooth outer face which enfuriates me haha. As you well know with pipes you'd swage the end and prevent hoses slipping off.

Have the newer versions got lips then ?

yours was a second hand one was it not?
and oil pipe.. etc etc etc

Could well be tufty, it has a completely smooth outer face which enfuriates me haha. As you well know with pipes you'd swage the end and prevent hoses slipping off.

Have the newer versions got lips then ?

Not a problem at all if the pipes oil/grease free. The silicon grips onto the billet.. If you have it greasy and oil then of course it will slip off, its lubricated
If you wanted a later style billet, they are available to purchase, @ £49

Not a problem at all if the pipes oil/grease free. The silicon grips onto the billet.. If you have it greasy and oil then of course it will slip off, its lubricated
If you wanted a later style billet, they are available to purchase, @ £49

Hi Bill,

Not sure what you mean about oil pipe etc etc. ?

I've tried de-greasing it a couple of times and it holds ish for now , but just feel it would be better with a lip or ribbed outer face.
Is your comment about a later style billet indicating that its had modifications to the design since :) ?

I'll make do with the one I have for now thanks, Might be turbo change upcoming anyhow.

Cheers,

When the tip doesn't fit, its best to use lube before forcing it. If it bends you doing it wrong :flushed:

Reactions: superkarl