Badger5 TIP help .

Joshytims

Reaction score
ive had a search for an answer and couldn't come across one, how does the billet adapter fit to the turbo as in fitting the badger5 and don't need adaptor. Is it just silicone that holds it on? Or is it bolted on?? I need to take it off!

Cheers peeps

The billet is held in place with a grub screw and silicon... silicon is to create a seal, grub screw to give mechanical grip to secure the billet

Fitting guide is in the FAQs at the top of the section... it should help you work out how to remove it

<tuffty/>

ive had a search for an answer and couldn't come across one, how does the billet adapter fit to the turbo as in fitting the badger5 and don't need adaptor. Is it just silicone that holds it on? Or is it bolted on?? I need to take it off!

Cheers peeps
which version do you have?

V3 fits straight to the turbo... its all silicon... do you have a picture of the bit you are trying to remove?

<tuffty/>

I know mate and the TIP on the car now has the billet, I'm just removing it, found the thread now! Sorted. Cheers for your help.

Ah.... ok... taking a V2 billet off to fit a V3 TIP... all becomes clear lol

once the grub screw (early billets had two screws) is loose then you should be able to twist the billet to break the seal... it would be easier if it was warm too as this will soften the sealant

<tuffty/>

Cheers mate, will do it as soon as I received the part. The bloke before had a hose from siliconhoses.com and it literally won't stay on the turbo! Tried two jubilees, a ****** exhaust clamp and no joy! Can't drive it now really!

Bill, would it be possible to get a new grub screw for may adaptor? I must be the only person ever to not do it up tight enough, mine has fallen out! lol

The pipe on there is from silicon hoses.com and it's really soft, Ihe cleaned it with brake cleaner and it's literally just too short so it pulls off everytime I tighten it. Do the badger ones come with clips or you only need a jubilee clip??

siliconhoses.com make my TIPs

Is this a used one or something?

Pictures?

they ship with clips (JC hose clamps) and clamp perfectly fine

1000's of these out there