Badger5 this Friday whoop whoop!!!!

Shaun-84

Reaction score
evening all

Booked in for my first re-map this Friday down at badger 5 can't wait lol. Bit of a journey too reckon bout 2.5-3hrs from me so should be fun. Am I right in saying that bill can put switchable maps on there as I forgot to ask when I called up lol. Anything else I should know or do in preparation?

Cheers guys

Lucky you. Am around 6 hours from B5 so prob never get the chance. Not sure about the switchable maps. What modifications have you done if any?

Yer not sure if what i read was right tbh but thought I'd ask. Currently got B5 tip with billet adapter + heat shield, 3" downpipe n decat n miltek cat back system. Poly bushed n updated arb's. Poss suspension soon too. All boost hoses replaced with forge ones. Recent haldex gear oil n engine service incl Cambbelt water pump n clutch. Lol think that's bout it. How bout ur Self? Yer 6 hrs is a fair trek.

Yes switchable maps, might see you there, I'm dropping my car off at Bills on Friday.

Oh happy days, what you having done? I'm there in the morning so if I'm there when u turn say hello an more than welcome to have a ganders etc. Always good to see what others have done etc.

Hi guys, cool hope everything goes well with your re maps. I'm currently booked for my first map at R tech on the 3rd Dec. Have you guys checked for any fault codes?
Just got mine back from garage who fitted my downpipe TIP etc & got them to scan for faults. It has shown one fault to do with VVT code is 16395 Bank 1 camshaft A. Garage cleared fault & didn't come back on again. Suggested I give good run this weekend then pop back in to re check.
Seems a relatively common fault on these engines, I already had done my oil pick up pipe about a year ago & just had cam belt etc done so I'm hoping this is an old fault that was never cleared & won't come back next week.
To be honest I find the car running better than ever since the mods, really smooth with instant grunt & surge all the way up the rev range so I will be quite shocked if the fault is still there. Some people have said cambelt can be one tooth out, but can't believe it would be running so well if this was the case.

Oh happy days, what you having done? I'm there in the morning so if I'm there when u turn say hello an more than welcome to have a ganders etc. Always good to see what others have done etc.

Just getting the oil pick up done, Haldex service and a few other bits n bobs...

Shaun, worth checking for boost leaks and check you have no fault codes. You are in good hands with Bill. You will get a great service. One of the best out there if not the best when it comes to the 1.8t in my opinion.

Reactions: Clart
none of you guys running fmic before you map???

Reactions: Mrharris2
none of you guys running fmic before you map???

I didn't... Just a B5 TIP and induction filter... Was v impressed with the results...
It felt, sounded and drove like a different car on the way home... :racer:

Shaun, worth checking for boost leaks and check you have no fault codes. You are in good hands with Bill. You will get a great service. One of the best out there if not the best when it comes to the 1.8t in my opinion.

Mine leaked like a sive when I when for my remap at Badger5, Tuffty sorted most of them on the day and patched up the rest until I could get a new Forge breather hose...

Yer not sure if what i read was right tbh but thought I'd ask. Currently got B5 tip with billet adapter + heat shield, 3" downpipe n decat n miltek cat back system. Poly bushed n updated arb's. Poss suspension soon too. All boost hoses replaced with forge ones. Recent haldex gear oil n engine service incl Cambbelt water pump n clutch. Lol think that's bout it. How bout ur Self? Yer 6 hrs is a fair trek.

Yeah a fair trek indeed, nice spec list Do you do all the work yourself?

Mine leaked like a sive when I when for my remap at Badger5, Tuffty sorted most of them on the day and patched up the rest until I could get a new Forge breather hose...

Sounds like great results with the map! Not surprised to read your pipes were leaky, I'm skeptical about my boost/vaccum pressure. I wonder if there is any common area of the intercooler/vaccum pipes that leaks

It depends what stage your going to have before going for a FMIC,Bill is rather good

bill will tell you himself stage 1 is pushing it on std smic
fmic made my s3 so much better to drive
just a thought for you guys

at least we're approaching what should be winter.. and colder.. Albeit a very mild one thus far

Reactions: vivalacoulter and Mrharris2
this is also true
was more of a heads up than a smug remark so hopefully it was taken well
my fmic has helped wonders on my s3

be seeing you asap also bill :)

and while your at it send some of the car too!!

Reactions: Mrharris2
he's probably still out in it lol
no news is good news right???

Reactions: jaykay8L
he's probably still out in it lol
no news is good news right???

hope so! am thinking of visiting badger5 in the new year myself to see if he can work some magic on mine :)

Sunday night and no update, must be a fantastic map, he's still out:icon thumright:

Reactions: vivalacoulter
Hey sorry guys, obv my notifications are not working. Yes I have done all the work myself bar the exhaust as it was free fitting.

Well what can I say about badger5, outstanding customer service all seem to be very knowledgeable and helpful. Also explaining what they were doing as they were doing it. Obv Bill did a health check first pleased to announce that he an I were surprised that I did not have one leak in the boost system. Bill said it was maybe the third car he has had in this year with no leaks so I must be doing something right an was defo worth changing all the hoses for forge ones.

Now the rolling road figures, she managed 228.5bhp on the second run with no mapping so least I hadn't lost any lol. Bill went into his office and worked his magic ended up with 265bhp and around 270torque. Could have got more but really need a mic or water/meth. Drive home was all motorway but you could feel the difference big time. Once on some b-roads well no that's a diff story lol. Car feels ten times better. Really is worth getting it done imo.

Would like to thank badger5 once again, think I will be back once the fmic n water/meth is sorted.

Reactions: jojo and jaykay8L
yep, looks and sounds good. will indulge in a bit of Badger-love (for the S3) in the new year :)