1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Badger 5 V2.2 fitting - fitted but help with tinkering please!

Vex182 Oct 3, 2012

1. Vex182

Vex182 Guess what I drive...

Received my Badger5 2.2 TIP today, trimmed the top about 40mm and the fit the MAF end is pretty good but I still have a bit of a kin at the bottom, I guess indeed to trim the bottom part a bit? It's being fitting onto a standard airbox. I don't want to trim it and make it worse! I can't see how trimming the top will make it any better. Any help, thank you!

2. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

OE airbox fitment is'nt ideal.. you know you will get most gains from the cone filter also yea?
    Its a case of trimming to suit.. little bit as you cant put it back on.
    Most trimming is @ top by maf, not usually the bottom (~when I fit them)

3. Vex182

Vex182 Guess what I drive...

Yeh, just a expensive month with car insurance and road tax. Also I don't want it to loud, think a come will be in order soon and modified like tufftys. To be honest, logged with VCDS. Today, max was 200g spot on in 3rd, after fitting - no other changes, it has risen to 212g! Forge vs Badger5 pretty huge it seems, feels stronger from 3k onwards.

4. badger5

badger5 www.badger5.co.uk Site Sponsor

coolio... Thats what it does..
    Real gains.. happy days

5. olly_s3

olly_s3 New Member

Cant wait to get my badger5 full intake as well. Its gonna sound so much better on spool up:sly: